Hot horse at S.A tomorrow?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Horse "tips" are just like a$$holes....everybody has one, but this comes from an interesting source.

1st race at Santa Anita tomorrow is a cheap claimer for 4 yo and up. There is a jock riding named D.A. Partillo. I don't know this jock, but from what I'm told, he's retiring and this will be has last race. The horse is named Parisian Witch and is trained by Jack Van Berg....M/L is 10-1. Of course, they want him to go out "on top".

In a spot like this anything can happen, but the info I'm getting is this race is already decided. My source says he's putting 6 large down :scared .

What can you guys tell me about this race?

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
SP-Thanks for the post. Parisian Witch is a just turned 4yo Cal bred fillie - 10K Claimer. The reason for the 10/1 line is that the field is just as bad. The race is full of up and coming riders and Santa Anita is not the place to fix an event. She has no known speed or class. The rider is riding the 1st at Santa Anita and then driving up to Los Al for the 6th and he has mounts there for the weekend.
That being said-These are the kind that win.
I'll send up 6 large dollars to Del Mar 2-2-2-
GL & Thanks again

Axle

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2004
Thanks for the Tip. I think horseracing in general is like assholes....everyone has their opinion...:142smilie

The Parisian Witch has not raced for almost 3 months. She shows only two listed workouts since the layoff.

On the positive side, this is a new low level for her. IMHO I don?t think I would plunk down any kind of large on this filly.

I might put a few bucks on the #2 Virginia City (8-1).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
Just heard from a knowledgeable horse guy that D A Portillo is under suspension 2/8-9-10 for a 1/28 infraction. He must have been scheduled earlier. FYI

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Thanks for the replies, guys.

This source has "some" credibility. He gave me a winner about 8 mo. ago on a 12-1 horse that never looked back. He also touted a horse last week that placed, although bumped at the start and raced wide......at 8-1. He seldom runs his mouth, so when he gets high on a play, I usually listen.

That being said, this particular race is bewildering. I wouldn't put any money on this horse or this race, for that matter, without some compelling reasoning. I'm probably going to pass today. If Parisian Witch wins, so be it. I've passed on better plays than this.

Thanks again, Axle and Dan for your followup. Incidently, DanmurphyJr, I noticed you're posting "acroos the street". Smokin Joe knows his stuff.

Good Luck on your action, fella's

Last edited:

Axle

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2004
SP-Thanks for the post. Parisian Witch is a just turned 4yo Cal bred fillie - 10K Claimer. The reason for the 10/1 line is that the field is just as bad. The race is full of up and coming riders and Santa Anita is not the place to fix an event. She has no known speed or class. The rider is riding the 1st at Santa Anita and then driving up to Los Al for the 6th and he has mounts there for the weekend.
That being said-These are the kind that win.
I'll send up 6 large dollars to Del Mar 2-2-2-
GL & Thanks again

This was the smart play....:SIB

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
$21.20 for 6 dollars. 3 pace setters-2quit-she couldn't catch the winner. ML 10/1-off at 15/1.
D A Portillo must have appealed the suspension as he rides the 7th at Los Al tonight and has mounts on the weekend. Excellent post GP. Let's watch and see if Van Berg moves her up north for 10K or less. She's obviously for sale.
Never mind, she was claimed by Jose Lima.

Last edited:

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Yeah, Dan I saw she chased some "speed". She couldn't get up, but still returned a fair amount for place and show.

I used her @ $20 WPS. I just couldn't pull the trigger for any more than that. SmokinJoe liked the spot but didn't recommend it......

I don't hear from this guy often but his plays are usually money. I'll pass along anything further.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg