Hou/GSW ending question....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

elliot

Forum Member
Jun 16, 2002
This is what I found on ESPN.com regarding the use of video replay in the NBA:

The new rules would deal solely with instances in which there is a question of whether a shot was released before time expired at the end of a quarter. In those cases, the referees also would be able to review whether a player had his foot on the 3-point line.

For those who may not know...
Hou was favored by 7 or 7` depending on your line. Well, with Hou up by 8... GSW Arenas hit a shot (which on yahoo said was a 20 footer) that was counted as a two. Hou up 6. Hou gets a slam dunk with 2 seconds to make it 8. Final 111-103. Gets posted on Yahoo, Espn, and credited as a win at my book )(reversed to a loss)

Well, from what I heard is that they viewed a replay and credited a 3 for Arenas to make the final 111-104.

My question is should the play have been reviewed? The shot did not effect the outcome of the game. The game was never in question. If the play was reviewed, the refs should look at replays throughout the game. If they do it in this case, why wouldn`t they do it in the 2nd quarter?

Did someone at the scorers table ie. ref, stat man, whoever, point out the significance of a point in this game? If so, the media should point this out. Of course, this is sports (NFL, NBA, college sports) dirty little secret.

Opinions.....:shrug:mad: