How are..........

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
I see myself asking this a lot about nba lines, but I watch every single Knicks game and follow them well, they have been dreadful at home, have the same record as atlanta, etc, yet are -7 tonight vs them? I expected line to be 4........theyre off losing to the celts at home, curry has been dominating but not much else, based on the line and other factors ie last game of knicks homestand and they need a win vs a bad team etc id predict about 105-92 knicks win, but just wondering if anyone has any info on atlanta, can they hang in this one, Im sure their d is pretty bad, but again an nba line baffles me, seems to happen quite often and I agree about the thewoody thread about vegas trying to split action, its not true, they make $ off a lot of peoples incorrect perceptions about teams

Unicorn

Forum Member
Jan 19, 2001
Gahanna, OH USA
Latest info I saw on Joe Johnson was he is out until the weekend. He's responisble for a lot of their offense and makes everyone better.

I've also noticed that when a team is coming off a loss, or few losses, and seems to be in a good situation for a win (like NY) over a team they should beat (like Atl), the line is higher than what it should be.

Lastly, Atlanta played last night, while NY did not.

Take that for what it's worth, but those are the main reasons I think the line is high. :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
joe johnson is listed as day-to-day

thats about all I can come up with

ok, makes sense then, i dont like messing w/injury games a whole lot, and the back to backs a factor that is too emphasized imo and gets too much value, shouldnt be a huge factor this early in the year but its a factor

dangerously

PLAY BALL
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2006
NJ
Atl. plays short handed tonite...........and tonites game is the 7th different city they've played in in the past 11days which included a 5 game west coast road stint before home game last nite and travelling up north tonite. Does'nt give them much of an oppurtunity to sharpen up their game or prepare. Knicks on the other hand have been home for the last 11 days and a win tonite would bring them to 3-3.

I took the knicks the other night and they came out uninterested. Tonite should be the easiest of wins for them if they come out of the box hungary. I'm a believer that it's the coaches job to see this happens, but have my concerns that Isiah Thomas is'nt the guy that makes this happen.....still think they cover easily tonite.

glta.

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
ATLANTA: (12/13) Hawks coach Mike Woodson confirmed what Joe Johnson (calf) said in a television interview Tuesday night that the guard will miss Wednesday night's game against the Knicks and likely Friday's game against the Grizzlies, the Atlanta Journal reports.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg