Howland at the Moon Tonight

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JCDunkDogs

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
L.A. Area
Here is a homer analysis for you: Bruins are almost unrecognizable from team that lost to Washington twice, USC, West Virginia, Cal, and Memphis (preseason NIT). What are their weaknesses?

Well, before this Tournament run, it was as follows: Defending the slashing drive to the hoop? (That's how Washington's Brandon Roy gave them fits). Defending the deeeep tray? (That's how W.Virginia beat 'em). Free throws? (Inconsistent until last Sat.). Perimeter scoring? (ditto). But I think they have patched-up these problems, judging by their current form this weekend.

Billy Donovan is a great one. Ben Howland is building his reputation even now. Other posters have noticed that Howland makes excellent half time adjustments, so I would look for UCLA to be a good 2H play. These new Bruins don't quit (very disciplined and unselfish). Even the "stars" like Afflalo and Farmar have had a noticeable change in attitute; less "me" and more "we."

For the game, I'm not going to bet against my team. And I'm definitely playing the Under!