HSF/FBS/FCS Plays for 11/8-11/10

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
South Lake Tahoe (CA. Side)
HSF Degen Plays: 50-41 (+8u)

This week we have IHSAA Semi-finals Playoff games being played out at the UNI Dome.... Games going on each day Thurs-Sat.... If you have any insight into these games I'm all ears.... Have to give Iowa credit for their High School Names are half the battle just trying to get the Title down....

Thurs 3:30 3A Semi-
Epworth Western Dubuque -4'
Sergeant Bluff-Luton 52'

WB Bobcats are 9-2 with losses to North Scott (7-6) but able to return the favor with a 45-21 bounce back in the quarter-finals... The other loss to Xavier 35-0, which is playing the later game for 3A Semis.... QB Calvin Harris has passed for 2,037 yards w/24 TDs..... 2 RBs share the load (Jake Hosch and Ben Bryant) each has nearly 800 rush yards... WR Drake George is the prime target with a jaw dropping 63 receptions for 963 yards w/18 TDs... Both Online and Dline have cornfed large bodies to keep the chains moving.

10-1 Sergeant Bluff-Luton Warriors have run the table after falling in the season opener to Lewis Central 42-14, a team playing later in 3A semis in other bracket.Team loves to run with the 3rd leading rusher in the state, RB Britton Delperdang has 1,305 rushing yards.... QB Daniel Wright has passed for 2,180 yards w/24 TDs.... The team uses a stable of effective WRs to sling the ball around...

Both teams are actually fairly close in yardage and comparable in total points and defensive stinginess... Warriors Defense has appeared to find its identity and has pitched 2 shout-out and no points given up in 8 quarters of playoff football.... Push comes to shove, I'm taking the points with S-BL, who also has a Soph Kicker that connected on 2 FGs last week...... I always tend to air on the Under in playoff games where two are fairly evenly matched.

2 units on S-BL +4' LOSS
FS: West D 35 S-B-L 18

2 units on the Under52' LOSS

Last edited:

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
Xavier 52'
Lewis Central -2'

The nightcap features the two best teams in 3A.... Unfortunately, this marquee match-up should've been played in the Title game but it wasn't to be.... Xavier Defense is strong... The Saints are led by HC Duane Schulte, in his 20th year at Xavier compiling a 153-65 record..... The 11-0 Saints have the States longest win streak and the Defense has only allowed 40 points in 11 games which breaks down to 3.6 points per game... I imagine you would be hard pressed to find another team in the Nation that has that defensive acumen... The Saints have only allowed 4 TDs all season and no rusher has had more than 55 yards in any of their contests...

Xavier also has a very capable offense behind the leadership of QB Quinn Schulte (yes HC Son) the dual threat QB has passed for over 1,500 yards w/23 TDs with only 3 INT and has rushed for 686 yards on 115 carries w/18 TDs... Quinn also doubles down as a shut down FS... RB Braden Stovie has rushed for 997 yards w/8 TDs... Saints are very adept at a ground and pound long drives while simply allowing the Defense to take over.... Xavier also boasts a FG Kicker that is 9 of 13....

Enter Lewis Central also 11-0 behind one of the most prolific QBs in the Country... 4 Star QB Max Duggan has earned accolades by sportswriters, scouts, opposing Coaches and Defenses he has played against... Titans average 48.7 points per game and the Defense hasn't given up more than 14 points all season.... QB M Duggan is a multi dimensional do everything athlete. This year he has 3,160 yards (1,969 pass and 1,191 rush) w/48 TDs.. He is the best QB prospect in the State since Kyle Orton in 2001....He has started Varsity all 4 years and learned the QB trade from his Dad who is HC Jim Duggan... In his career Max has 5,757 pass yards with 2,693 rush yards w/110 combined TDs... He has 8,450 combined yards (*Even more remarkable considering he missed several games in his Jr year with injury) He is ranked as the 4th best Dual Threat QB in the US.....Duggan is TCU bound.... 2 OL players have D1 offers.... Kicker "Nettles" is a very accurate FG kicker who routinely kicks 60 yard FGs in practice....

So this amounts to Clash of the 3A Titans (ugh figure of speech)... Lewis Central has made the Semis for the first time in school history... Both HCs have their Sons playing QB for them..... Difference here is Xavier is the Defending State Champs......As a former Varsity Football Coach I have always believed the mantra that Offense wins games but Defense wins Championships... This one really comes down to the Suffocating Defense vs Offensive QB Prodigy Duggan..... The game is essentially a pick em, so I'm backing Saints been there done that to win and advance to the State Championship again.... Of course, with two productive QBs both capable of scoring points, but think Saints D will rule the day.

2 units on Xavier +2' WIN FS:
Xav 37 LC 13

2 units on the Under 52' WIN

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Musca

Forum Member
Mar 3, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Halftime lines for Lewis Central vs Xavier

Halftime lines for Lewis Central vs Xavier

Wow halftime lines for the Iowa game... Pretty insane.

Musca

Forum Member
Mar 3, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Great call

Great call

Great calls on the Iowa games

Looking at Bettendorf tomorrow to maybe end Dowling's run? Big team, mobile QB...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
What a night..... Just returned from a late night road trip to Chico, CA to pick up my Nephew who attends Chico St... If you have been following the news, you must have heard about the Apocalypse style Fire that is the fastest spreading fire in US History.... The sky was pitch black and you can see the flames north-east of Chico.... Paradise is gone.... I have many friends that live in Paradise and their houses and possessions are completely gone.... The only road into Paradise was so jammed with vehicles trying to evacuate that people were getting out of their Cars with baby's and pets trying to outrun the flames.... Most perished.... The deceased are many... Paradise is a beautiful town up in the Pines and is a retirement community..... No clue to how many people lost their lives.... The fire is a catastrophe and although Chico (90,000 pop) is roughly 15 miles from Paradise, outlying houses are being evacuated and most people have left Chico....... Prayers go out to the multitude of people that lost their lives, homes, schools, churches, pets, vehicles, etc...... Very sad.

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
4 games on tap at the UNI Dome... for Friday.

8 am
West Hancock 53'
Hudson -3

West Hancock Eagles at 9-2 have had a pretty easy time of it so far.... This is the school's 29th playoff appearance since 1990 and 5th in a row. Teams have made semis 8 times, but is first trip back to UNI Dome since 2011 (an 8 year drought). Eagles are the #2 ranked Class A and #32 in the state... Team is lead by a pair of 1,000 yard rushers which combined with the stable of RBs makes Eagle ground game the #1 rushing attack with 4,130 yards... They average 7.2 ypc and have found paydirt 48 times... Eagles average 398.6 yards of total yardage per game. Offense scores 34.6 ppg. Defensively, Eagles allow 13.1 ppg...... FB Tate Hagen has 1,754 yards rushing w/24 TDs and shared majority of work load with RB Josef Smith with 1,064 yards..... Last week when Hagen had a injury, Coel Kelly checked in and rushed for 203 yards of teams 364 yards (he is a dangerous kick and punt returner averaging 25.3 yards on kick off returns and 23.7 on punts) Last week, Eagles attempted 3 pass plays.

Hudson Pirates are a perfect 11-0.....and are trying to get back to the State Title game where they tripped up last year.... Team averages 247.6 rush yards pg... And 335.3 total yards pg... QB Jacob Murray has passed for 959 yards w/12 TDs.... RB Sr Christian Seres has rushed for 1,791 yards w/28 TDs (3rd in Class A)... Pirates are in their 18th appearance in playoffs and 8th time to semi-finals.... Sr C Seres (5'10" 187 lbs) rushed for a season high 259 yards in week 1....In their last 4 contests, Offense is scoring at least 41 points in last 4....Have outscored opponents 361-85 in playoffs.

Pirates have won State Titles in 1975 and 1994, and have been runner-ups in 1979, 1980 and last year.... Eagles won State in 1996 and runner-ups in 1993 and 2011....Here's the thing.... Eagles have a tremendous run game behind a very active OL.. Their top WR Caleb Eckels has 16 of the teams 23 total pass receptions.... Yes, you read that right.... Eagles pass game is non-existent... Pirates on the other hand will air it out after establishing the run....... Pirates Defense has accounted for 29 take aways (18 fumble recoveries and 11 INT).... WH is fairly one dimensional and that can be a big problem if Hudson shuts down the run game...... Give me a tested team that has unfinished business in the Championship and can do both well... Also, I like the Under here with both teams trying to establish their run games. *Also, Hudson has a 8 mile trip to the Dome which amounts to a home game.

2 units on Hudson -2'.....2 units WIN FS: Hud 35 WH 28

2 units on the Under 53' LOSS

Last edited:

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
HSF/FBS/FCS Plays for 11/8-11/10

Great calls on the Iowa games

Looking at Bettendorf tomorrow to maybe end Dowling's run? Big team, mobile QB...

Reading about this game right now. I?m in the quad city area so Bettendorf football gets lots of play in the papers, obviously.
Dowling is looking for their SIXTH consecutive class 4A( biggest schools in Iowa) state title this year.
They are huge on the offensive line, averaging 6-3 and 286 lbs with this biggest kid being 6-5, 340 lbs [emoji15]
I don?t see Bettendorf being able to do much against all that size, but they are catching over two TDs as the line is currently Dowling -15.5.
I certainly wouldn?t lay that number but grabbing two TDs with a solid squad like Bettendorf is tempting.
I will be on cedar falls -14.5 against Southeast Polk (6-5 record) who has pulled a couple of upsets to reach the semi-finals in the UNI dome against the hometown cedar falls squad who are a perfect 11-0 entering this game.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
11am

Edgewood-Colesburg -4'
AHSTW 48'

The other Class A match-up between #3 Edgewood and #2 AHSTW is going to be short and sweet.... E-C Vikings are in their 5th playoff appearance ever and are visiting the UNI Dome for the first time..... And first time into the semis.... Last week's battle was a 6-0 win... Sr RB Preston Rockford (6'0" 185 lbs) has rushed for an outstanding 1,872 yards w/26 TDs (ranked #2 in Class A)... Sr QB Ethan Streicher has passed for 1,076 yards w/17 TDs (only 4 INT)... Streicher will air it out.

AHSTW Vikings (yes, both teams mascots are Vikings... RB Gabe Pauley (5'8" 195 lbs) has rushed for 1,595 yards w/24 TDs (is also a stud off the field and won the Class A Wrestling Championship with undefeated record) He also leads the team with 43 solo tackles.. .... QB Blake Osbahr leads Class A with 1,859 pass yards w/27 TDs.... WR Drake Partridge has a Class A best 27.1 yards pc and WR Brayton Tuma has 25 catches for 504 yards (avr 20 ypc)....

Here's the thing, AHSTW (have no idea what this stands for and I've looked everywhere) is making its 12th straight trip to the playoffs (7th straight under HC Davis Pattee but 1st Dome trip since 2013).......Edgewood-Colesburg relys on their do everything RB Preston Rockford who also leads the team with 72 solo tackles.... Problem is that the kid is injured and won't play in this game..... I knew about this 2 days ago but wanted to see what the line did..... Getting the 4' is a nice gesture and while anything can happen, I think it's too much firepower and leadership that won't be on the field.

3 units on AHSTW +4' WIN FS: AHSTW 39 E-C 12...*Easy $

2 units on the Under 48' WIN

Last edited:

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
Reading about this game right now. I?m in the quad city area so Bettendorf football gets lots of play in the papers, obviously.
Dowling is looking for their SIXTH consecutive class 4A( biggest schools in Iowa) state title this year.
They are huge on the offensive line, averaging 6-3 and 286 lbs with this biggest kid being 6-5, 340 lbs [emoji15]
I don?t see Bettendorf being able to do much against all that size, but they are catching over two TDs as the line is currently Dowling -15.5.
I certainly wouldn?t lay that number but grabbing two TDs with a solid squad like Bettendorf is tempting.
I will be on cedar falls -14.5 against Southeast Polk (6-5 record) who has pulled a couple of upsets to reach the semi-finals in the UNI dome against the hometown cedar falls squad who are a perfect 11-0 entering this game.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that line is huge no doubt..... Like the Cedars play as this might be the first time Southeast Polk (6-5) has made the playoffs let alone the semis with 5 losses... You have to think their luck runs out... Unless of course you like that destiny thing

hawkeye

Forum Member
Jun 29, 2000
denver, co-usa
my 2 cents on the Iowa HS stuff, Took a 3a team to play in the finals in the Dome not an easy place to play

Hud -3 un 53'
AHST +4'-un 48'
Bett +15'-ov 41'
SP +14'-un 42'
Pella +12'-ov 57
Sioux +14'-un 42'
Waukon +14'-ov 53
PCM -16'-ov 43

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Riff-Raff

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 9, 2016
2 pm

Dowling Catholic -15'
Bettandorf 41'

Class 4A Semis features West Des Moines Dowling Catholic Maroons:facepalm:... Crazy named for these High School teams in IA....battling Bettandorf Bulldogs... Dowling has been the gold standard for 4A and is seeking its 6th straight State Title.... It has won the League Title from 2008-2017..and has accumulated 76 playoff victories along the way (25 consecutive playoff wins) in the States largest classification to boot... As was just mentioned by Redsfan, the OL is gigantic averaging 6'3" 286 lbs.... Sr OL Jesse Algers (6'5" 340 lbs) and Jr OL Charlie Nank (6'4" 300 lbs) leads the behemoth OL.... Maroons are 2nd in 4A rushing for 3,043 yards.... Sr RB Jayson Murray (5'9" 180 lbs)(All-State selection) has 1,928 rush yards w/24 TDs (almost 9 yards pc) Last week against Valley he rushed for 240 yards on 29 carries w/3 TDs of the teams 361 total yards.... QB Zach Watters has passed for 1,114 yards w/18 TDs... The Offense averages 39.1 ppg and in the last 7 game win streak the Defense has only allowed a total of 29 points.

Bettandorf Bulldogs are 10-1 and is making its 5th trip to the UNI Dome in 6 years, and wants to get over the Semifinal threshold.... This year's players are playing with a chip on its shoulders and trying to break the curse of the Semis.... RB Austin Kalar has 178 carries for 1,185 yards w/20 TDs... Last week against perennial power Iowa City West he ran for 189 yards on 22 carries... QB Carter Bell is 94-161-5 for 1,138 yards w/11 TDs... WR Darien Porter caught 7 passes for 119 yards w/2 TDs last week.....

Dowling opened at - 13' and is up to - 15'....Cant really blame anyone as history is on their side... Having won 8 State Titles and having a dynasty record of 152-28 and 65-9 in league will give Maroons plenty of confidence... D-C lost a majority of their Defense from last years team, however, this year's D has only given up 77 points combined for the whole season........ Bettandorf has nearly 30 Seniors which should provide leadership... Bulldogs do have 7 State Titles under their belt and has amassed 71 post season wins... Bulldog dynasty record is 122-21 (93-10 league).. The offense is playing its best and putting up 43 last week is no mean feat against Iowa City West... They will have to bring that chip and carry it on to the field if they want the upset.

2 units on Bettandorf +15' WIN FS: D-C 41 B 34

2 units on the Over 41' WIN

Last edited:

Musca

Forum Member
Mar 3, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
11am

Edgewood-Colesburg -4'
AHSTW 48'

The other Class A match-up between #3 Edgewood and #2 AHSTW is going to be short and sweet.... E-C Vikings are in their 5th playoff appearance ever and are visiting the UNI Dome for the first time..... And first time into the semis.... Last week's battle was a 6-0 win... Sr RB Preston Rockford (6'0" 185 lbs) has rushed for an outstanding 1,872 yards w/26 TDs (ranked #2 in Class A)... Sr QB Ethan Streicher has passed for 1,076 yards w/17 TDs (only 4 INT)... Streicher will air it out.

AHSTW Vikings (yes, both teams mascots are Vikings... RB Gabe Pauley (5'8" 195 lbs) has rushed for 1,595 yards w/24 TDs (is also a stud off the field and won the Class A Wrestling Championship with undefeated record) He also leads the team with 43 solo tackles.. .... QB Blake Osbahr leads Class A with 1,859 pass yards w/27 TDs.... WR Drake Partridge has a Class A best 27.1 yards pc and WR Brayton Tuma has 25 catches for 504 yards (avr 20 ypc)....

Here's the thing, AHSTW (have no idea what this stands for and I've looked everywhere) is making its 12th straight trip to the playoffs (7th straight under HC Davis Pattee but 1st Dome trip since 2013).......Edgewood-Colesburg relys on their do everything RB Preston Rockford who also leads the team with 72 solo tackles.... Problem is that the kid is injured and won't play in this game..... I knew about this 2 days ago but wanted to see what the line did..... Getting the 4' is a nice gesture and while anything can happen, I think it's too much firepower and leadership that won't be on the field.

3 units on AHSTW +4'

2 units on the Under 48'

Avoca shelby Tennant hancock walnut is what it stands for... obviously all my spelling is open to ???? But that is what it stands for... it is 5 small towns grouped to one.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
C

Carl Spackler

Hawk/Riff,

Thanks for the first two sides today! Just grabbed the third one at +17.5.