dude

its not a home job

its called horrible officiating, which is the norm in the pac-10

ive seen more traveling calls in this game than i have this month

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Not a home job at all. . . did you actually watch the game or just follow the stats? I already mentioned that Washington gave up 51% FG shooting on their road games (which happened to be tonight's result as well). . . they tried to stop Arizona every way possible but couldn't do it without fouling. Arizona held Washington to 38% shooting because the Huskies never faced a defense like Arizona's. . .

Washington stayed in the game with timely three pointers. . . I give them a lot of credit especially on the boards but their defense is what lost the game for them tonight.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
correct

that and when 80% of your shots are jump shots (heck 50% were 3 ptrs) you will RARELY ever go to the FT line.

great game
two very good teams, hope they both (esp arizona) make a deep run in march

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
Didnt see the game. Didnt bet the game. So cant comment on tonight. But there are a couple of places in the country where playing 5 on 8 is the norm and Az is certainly one of them

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Of course. . . its not like Arizona is a good team or anything. . .they are handed games at McKale right. LOL

Home teams usually get the benefit of several calls during a game. . . you can't say there are only a couple places in the country where it happens. But take a look at the total fouls and you'll see its not that significant. So why did Arizona have so many extra foul shots? Because they drove to the basket while Washington was sitting back chucking up shots behind the arc all night.

Washington needs some inside scoring otherwise I don't see them going far in the tourney this year. Of course they could try and run teams out of the gym but if they face anyone like AZ who can run with them, they might be in trouble. Gotta like how they hit the boards though and I think Arizona will be lucky to beat Washington on their home floor.