I love this stock.........thoughts?

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Bought it a few months ago at 24 was over 30 and closed today at 27.5.....mentioned it here a while back.
The stock....CEGE (cell genesis)
The story....
1. Assets...owns 12% of Abgenix ABGX stock (10,000,000)shares at 88 today worth 880,000,000 and has 232,000,000 in cash ....thats 1.1B WOW!...only 33m shares outstanding....you do the math.
2.Science- Has promising pre clinical trials planned for gene therapies for hemophelia,,parkinsons,pancreatic cancer, and cardiovascular disease....this year
Has a multi-center Phase 1 and phase 2 trial underway with promising data showing for lung cancer vaccine GVAX (R)
Has 2 multi center phase2 human clinical trials underway for prostate.
Has a licensing program for its gene activation technology and has 235 issued patents with 330 pending 80 related to gene activation tech. That seems like a lot of free science since the company has cash and stock worth more than the share price.
I know of NO other Bio-tech selling even close to Book value or in a better position to acquire assets and still fully fund its research. Any Thoughts...I know I.E. thought it undervalued a few months ago

Fatso

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2000
Houston, Texas
Falling in Love?..traders nightmare, never fall in Love with a stock, especially inconsistent in earnings. CEGE 1st QT made 3. 86 wow..then 2nd QT lost .01 earnigs 97 lost -5.97, 98 lost -.48 99 lost -.40 one bright spot.. Outstanding shares is 33M but the float is only 24, if it breaks the 30 ceiling..I'll be a buyer

Originally posted by bear:
Bought it a few months ago at 24 was over 30 and closed today at 27.5.....mentioned it here a while back.
The stock....CEGE (cell genesis)
The story....
1. Assets...owns 12% of Abgenix ABGX stock (10,000,000)shares at 88 today worth 880,000,000 and has 232,000,000 in cash ....thats 1.1B WOW!...only 33m shares outstanding....you do the math.
2.Science- Has promising pre clinical trials planned for gene therapies for hemophelia,,parkinsons,pancreatic cancer, and cardiovascular disease....this year
Has a multi-center Phase 1 and phase 2 trial underway with promising data showing for lung cancer vaccine GVAX (R)
Has 2 multi center phase2 human clinical trials underway for prostate.
Has a licensing program for its gene activation technology and has 235 issued patents with 330 pending 80 related to gene activation tech. That seems like a lot of free science since the company has cash and stock worth more than the share price.
I know of NO other Bio-tech selling even close to Book value or in a better position to acquire assets and still fully fund its research. Any Thoughts...I know I.E. thought it undervalued a few months ago

jwillie

Forum Member
Feb 7, 2000
Okeene, Okla.
Enjoy this site get some information for thought...Have a little cash to play with..Any thoughts on America Online. My Dad has done well with it many splits has about $12.00 in it with several I mean several shares now...What do you thinks about it at $48.00 now...Will wait for a reply..Thanks..

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Fatso,
I agree wholeheartedly about falling in love with a stock and i use the term loosely. With CEGE I am enamored with its current assets position, and believe that further good news coming from trials can shoot this stock back toward its yearly high of 60. Q1 earnings were a result of ABGX stock sale so that is unimpressive but reports of advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients showing anti-tumor immunity, 2 patients disease free after 2 years and several showing stability (no tumor progression)SEEM exciting.Now with the small float and the bulging pockets this co. has.....if they can add earnings ...or even the prospect for consistent earnings down the road,through vaccines, licenses,patents or Gene tech....BANG!
Don't see a big downside unless ABGX goes to 20 or 30. It was in the 50s when I bought at 24. As with most small biotechs i recognize the prospects for volatility but this one seems to have a little protection going for it.

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
JWillie,
AOL may indeed be a good buy at these level but I would prefer to look for the next AOL situation.....From an internet perspective, its likely to come from a fiber optic related company...i'll let you know if I see anything interesting as there seem to be many many good, high priced, situations out there.

Equity Trader

Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
You have made a very smart choice there Bear.

Here is one for you to look at "ZKEM"

Bio-tech is my strong point.I do a considerable amount of research in this sector.

I only pick young companies that have the potential to move North....That is in the OTCBB market.....

Do your DD and solid investing.

Bet on MyBookie