I may one of the few but I'm on OSU +8

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Dax22

Forum Member
Feb 17, 2000
Utah
I'm going to buck the trend and go with OSU tonight on the smurf turf. I have been to alot of games at BOise while I was in college and my father is Bsu alumni. The stadium does fill up but it isn't anything too intimidating. I think it is werid that I have seen people compare it to death valley or other big time programs. It just isn't the case it does get some what loud but it isn't anything that OSU hasn't seen and coming off the game at LSU this stadium is a picnic. Don't get me wrong the Broncos are the only pony in Boise and they do support them it just isn't that crazy there well except when the whole dam stadium chants " And thats another Bronco first down" now that might annoy the Beavers to death. I know it does me.

I don't buy the let down theory the Beavers still are going to want to win and they went head to head with a pretty good SEC team and should have won. The players that BSU typically gets aren't the same caliber as the SEC mold. Yea I know that BSU is a team that hasremained good ofver the last three years plugging in new guys. I just don't think the players Boise gets are as good as the Pac-10 caliber players.

Boise usually has their way in running and passing against other wac teams but they won't have it easy today. They are going to find themselves in 3rd down situations more then normal, it will be harder to run and there line will be challanged.

I was impressed with OSU's TE they should match up very well with BSU 's smaller players and Lb's look for them to have a good day because of their size and hands.

I think OSU will win SU but if they don't give me the 8 and I'll run with it becasue I think OSU is man for man better then BSU.

THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS:Oregon State's defense has been tough on its last two opponents (New Mexico last year) in terms of third down conversions. The Beaver defense has allowed just six of 31 (.194) third downs to be converted.

HEARTBREAK ON THE ROAD: Oregon State has suffered some heartbreaking losses on the road in recent years, including last Saturday's game at No. 3 LSU. Here is a closer look:

Sept. 4, 2004 at LSU (22-21 OT) -- OSU misses three extra point att.
Oct. 25, 2003 at WSU (36-30) -- WSU three 4th quarter TDs.
Sept. 5, 2003 at Fresno St. (16-14) -- FSU 47-yd FG with 31 seconds.
Oct. 12, 2002 at Arizona St. (13-9) -- 1st & Goal @ 1:06 -- no score
Nov. 3, 2001 at USC (16-13 OT) -- missed 29-yard FG with :33 left
Oct. 7, 2000 at UW (33-30) -- missed FG with :14 left

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Thanks for the info. I went back and looked at how thet did following those tough road loses you listed. They came back and covered the next week, 4 outta 5 times. Plus, the one they failed to cover, they still won out right 28-16 (-21 spread). Of course all of those games were home games. But I still think this is a good indicator of this team's ability to bounce back.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

skillrules

Dedicated
Forum Member
Sep 23, 2002
Los Angeles
www.mma.tv
Yes, very good analysis. The one thing that scares me is Beavers QB Anderson, the guy can really get on a streak of making bone-headed decisions and poor reads.

Ill take Beavers +8 -111 for 1unit.

One other thing, I know that Boise coach will do everything he can to cover that number. If his team is up and can run out the clock, watch out for the play action pass that would normally make no sense in the situation. I hate to bet against coaches like that. That little fat-faced phucker cost me last year, so I should learn my lesson, but no.

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
i'm playing osu also, along with the under. beavers plan to try to run the ball tonight after limited success on the ground last weekend in baton rouge. lots of focus on the run this week in practice, and they will have a lot better matchups against bsu. stadium will be full, but it only holds about 30 k, and beaver fans have about 4 or 5 thousand tickets. for all the success that bsu has had, especially at home, they have never beaten a pac 10 team. g/l guys.

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
Last week BSU crushed Idaho the worst team in div 1a.

Now they'll play against a REAL D. much better then Idaho's anyway

gotta take OSU

Nice write-up
GL

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg