I SAW MANY REQUESTS FOR THIS ARTICLE

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
KIDS WHO READ VOTE BUSH....KIDS WHO WATCH TV VOTE KERRY

Kosar you said that a poll of Nickelodeon kids showed John Kerry is much more favored by the kids of America. Why did you only give one side of the story? :nono: :nono:
Lying by omition is weak but that seems to be the liberal m.o. this year so I wasn't surprised when I read your thread.

A lot of you looked for the article and couldn't find it......you guys are lucky you have me around. :)

BTW Kosar was right, it was from the A.P.

Last edited:

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Two national polls of American children have markedly different results this year, one showing President Bush a clear winner, and the other predicting a win for Sen. John Kerry.

Interestingly, both unscientific surveys proclaim historical accuracy in presidential prognostications.
In the first poll, conducted by Scholastic, the global children's publishing and media company, more than half a million students in first through eighth grades from across the U.S. participated. They voted online and through mail-in paper ballots found in many of Scholastic's classroom magazines.

"George W. Bush won the kids' election poll with 55 percent of the vote," announced Scholastic student reporter David Rush.

Kerry collected 42 percent, with one percent going for other candidates. A few reportedly wrote in "mom" as their choice for president.

Scholastic has been conducting similar polls since 1940, with predictions only wrong in two close elections: 1948 when students chose Thomas Dewey over Harry Truman, and 1960, predicting Richard Nixon would beat John Kennedy.

Meanwhile, the second poll with a large sampling shows Kerry the victor, defeating Bush by a margin of 57 to 43 percent.

Nickelodeon TV's "Kids' Vote" had nearly 400,000 children participate in online voting.

The Viacom-owned network says children in its poll have correctly predicted the winner of the general elections for the last four U.S. presidential campaigns. Its first poll was in 1988. Four years ago, Bush was predicted the winner over Vice President Al Gore with 55 percent of the vote.

Former NBC newscaster Linda Ellerbee hosted a Nick News program last night announcing Kerry as this year's winner.

"Kids aren't dumb, they're just younger and shorter," she said, according to the Associated Press. "In fact, last election, a boy came up to me and said, 'We picked George Bush to win, and he didn't really win. Al Gore won the popular vote, so we were kinda wrong.' Quite an observation."

In addition to the national polls, local schools across America have been holding their own mini-elections, with students evoking strong stances for both candidates.

Fourth-graders in Kosciusko and Attala County, Miss., classrooms were recently asked their opinions.

Abortion was the key factor for Bush supporter Autumn Lewis, who told the Star-Herald, "I don't want a president who would kill children. That would end the world."

Dylan Pope told the paper he picked Kerry because "he'll make peace and let us do anything we want."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Nobody said they couldn't find that article. They were talking about the Iran one. I posted the article the way I found it. The 'kids' part of it really wasn't the point though, but I understand you have trouble detecting nuance. Do you ever get anything right?

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Easy Kosar. Remember some of these guys just turned old enough to vote. But you make a good point.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
The kids part wasn't the point??? Yeah it isn't NOW that I posted the "real un-editted article!!! Kosar I love it when you back-pedal...it's too funny.

Kosar if your post was about Iran then when I read it, why was the whole thing about that Nickelodeon poll?? The only time you mentioned Iran was in the thread title. Why do you always back-pedal?

You're just mad because I caught you editting an article to only show HALF the story! :) You're lying by omition Kosar!

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
I didn't edit anything, halfwit. It wasn't the same exact article. And of course the kids weren't the point. Who cares who kids prefer, really? I was just making a contrast alluding to Bobby's article about Iran. (while wondering why i'm even wasting my time explaining anything to you)

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
You're totally wrong Kosar...go read your opening statement in that thread. How can you deny it? lol
It talks 100% about the kids poll and says NOTHING about your Iran claims.

Sucks being wrong doesn't it? Quit trying to back-pedal and cut bait while you're behind.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chanman

:-?PipeSmokin'
Forum Member
?They are possibly the dumbest people on the planet ... in thrall to conniving, thieving, smug pricks,? he replied. ?We Americans suffer from an enforced ignorance. We don?t know about anything that?s happening outside our country. Our stupidity is embarrassing.?
M. Moore
This is retracted, of course, if Kerry wins.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

danmurphy jr

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2004
Page 12 San Diego Tribune - military city

5 Bush heroes maimed by roadside bomb

Page 13

Coyote killed stalking elementary school wearing a Bush-Cheny banner.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.