If a game is suspended?.....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
The DBacks Vs. Padres game was suspended not cancelled. Therefore they pick up tomorrow where they left off.

Both listed starters threw the first pitch in tonite's action, therefore in the strict sense started.

Will the plays carry over tomorrow such as totals and run lines? Really this could be viewed by books as a future play I guess in an odd way...........I looked into some of my books rules and regs and really they didn't clearly state this situation.

Would like to know if this has happened lately to anyone..... I have over the total of 7 1/2 in this one, will that play stand until they resume the game tomorrow? As of right now Grand Central still hasn't refunded this play, although it is just official.

HC

A

Antonio

Happy, i had the over as well, and i was refunded at Carib, play is a no action.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

woodpony

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2001
What happens if you have Arizona parlayed with another team "SF" and the other team wins? not sure how this works on parlays - I have never had a suspended game before. thanks guy's.

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Tony,

Not two minutes after I wrote that, Grand Central refunded the bet as well............

I just find the situation interesting, because no where in the rules does it state the game has to end by xx:xx time.

Honestly, you kid make a case where that wager should stand until a result is reached tomorrow. But, then we are really getting into small details........

Anyway, a push is better to a bettor than a loss.

HC

woodpony

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2001
thanks fletcher - I guess this applies to me as well, win or lose on the SF game?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
A

Antonio

Capper shhhhh i was getting a bad vibe on that Over, ill take the push..LOL tomorrow

AzRusty

Forum Member
Dec 16, 2000
Surprise, AZ, USA
Baseball Return
Various Leagues Offered: AL, NL

a. Wager on a baseball game by using runlines, moneylines, game totals, and team totals.
b. Wagering on Futures: Ex: Odds to win the World Series, Odds to win the Pennants, Odds to win the Divisions, Total Regular Season Wins
c. When wagering on baseball moneylines, the following options apply to pitchers:

Pitcher Options:
1. Listed Pitchers - both pitchers must start in order to have action.
2. Selected Action - the pitcher of the team you have wagered on must start in order to have action.
3. Opposing Action - the pitcher of the opposite team you have wagered on must start in order to have action.
4. Action - there is action regardless of the starting pitcher.
*Starting Pitcher = Pitcher who starts game and throws the first pitch for the team.

*Choosing an action bet (options 2, 3, or 4) might lead to an adjusted price if the starting pitcher does not start the game since the original price was based on the listed (advertised) pitcher starting the game.

d. When wagering on runlines, game totals, or team totals, both listed (advertised) pitchers must start, otherwise there is "No Action" or "Push/Cancel" on straight wagers, and parlays drop to the next lower level.

Baseball Rules

1. A baseball game becomes official for moneyline wagering purposes after 4 1/2 innings if home team is winning, or 5 innings if visiting team is winning.
2. If a game is cancelled or suspended, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning (unless the home team scores to tie, or takes the lead in the bottom half of the inning, in which case the winner is determined by the score at the time the game is called).
3. Money will be refunded if the home team ties the game, and the game is then suspended.
4. Events do not carry over to the following day (unless otherwise specified).
5. For runlines and game totals (over/under), a baseball game becomes official after 8 1/2 innings if home team is winning, or 9 innings if visiting team is winning.
6. If a game goes past 9 innings and is not completed (ie suspended, curfew, rain delay, etc.), there is action on game total and runline wagers.
7. Las Vegas Rules apply for any rules not mentioned here.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sweatbet

Forum Member
May 21, 2001
Most books have a rule similar to this "all events must be played on date and site scheduled. postponed or rescheduled events are graded no action." I took this from Pinnacle's site.

bgold13

The BestBradley
Forum Member
Nov 1, 2000
encino, ca
So will the books post a line on the continued game?? I doubt it.. I also am hearing (on a local radio station) that Randy Johnson will continue for Curt Schilling and somebody else will start in johnsons place in the second game. Anyone else hear this?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
i wouldnot waste johnson like that,i would use bull pin,and have johnson start the 2nd.
they have a 1-0 in the 3rd. that would be a big waste of a spot to use long man for 4,set up 2 and closer 1 if you hold the lead.
then slam johnson on a tired team in gm 2.

DBLMUTZ

Forum Member
Mar 15, 2000
HAMDEN CT USA
Just started using offshore recently,Heres my wager.
2 TEAMER
Atlanta w
SD cancelled
3 TEAMER
atlanta -1- cancelled
houston -1- w
detroit w
So i was credited w/win on a stait bet 1st par even though my pitchers threw,And my second Atl was cancelled because i'm assuming they didnt go 9 and used run line.
Q
biggrin.gif
o all offshore cancel under 9 on run lines???
Going in to read some rules if someone could reply on the under 9 i'd appreciate it,Thanks

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
on a runline or total game must go 9 innings or it is a wash. well really if you have home team losing and game is stopped after 2 outs in home half of 9th its officle,but how many times has that happened.