IF YOU SMOKE READ THIS !

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JB22

Forum Member
Nov 30, 2003
far away
you need to quit now quit fu*cking around stop it i watch my father pass after a lot of operrations to REMOVE LUNGS /broncial tubes he was left with an empty chest cavity that my mother had tp pack every day through what is called AN OPEN WINDOW INTO YOUR CHEST CAVITY his lungs before operations were like an orange peel on an orange just awful please stop the life you save is your own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i have quit :hitwithro you when you smoke you get that feeling in chest ? that goes away in2-3 days please try

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
Your post is falling on deaf ears. Smokers never listen.

I watched an Uncle go through the same thing. I pleaded with all my smoking buddies. I even took some of my smoking friends to his bedside. It doesnt do any good. They dont listen. I guess most have that "it wont happen to me" mentality. But i guess if you are knot headed enough to start smoking in the first place, you are probably too knot headed to stop.

:violin:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
theGibber1 said:
Your post is falling on deaf ears. Smokers never listen.
me and several other madjackers are quitting on march 20th.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
penguinfan said:
Out of morbid curiosity, why is March 20th signigicant?
well, i know one should set a quitting date just to prepare the mind. my b'day is the 19th and i know i'll be drinking that day, so.....

the day after, on the 20th, is my quitting day. i figure i'll stop drinking anything alcohol until memorial day so should be in the clear by then.

that's the plan anyway :)

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Speaking of morbid---obesity also falls on deaf ears--Porkers never listen either despite be #1 killer --as with those with drinking probs-gambling probs-lack of ambition probs--drug probs-spendthrifts-- ect ect ect.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
Damn DTB, anything else?

I've never been that hard on the smoking issue simply because everything we do will kill us one way or the other. Granted smoking has other issues and is probably one of the worst things you can do, but still.

I don't drink THAT much, don't smoke and the doctor tells me I could actually use to gain a few pounds, with all that he also tells me I have the stomach of a retired 65 year old business man, go figure.

Good luck with quitting Jack, and everyone else, I hear it ain't easy.

Jake DeNiro

Jakey Pups
Forum Member
Dec 13, 2001
For someone to quit, they have to want to quit, bottom line....that goes for anything.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nervousTic

Forum Member
Dec 8, 2005
I quit last October after 6 years. Cold Turkey.

Only tip I can provide: Get through the first 3 weeks and you're home free. I think I've gotten maybe 3-4 minor urges since (always after a good amount of booze), and they were easily diffused.

Good luck. I can't tell you how much healthier I feel in general.

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
nervousTic said:
I quit last October after 6 years. Cold Turkey.

Only tip I can provide: Get through the first 3 weeks and you're home free. I think I've gotten maybe 3-4 minor urges since (always after a good amount of booze), and they were easily diffused.

Good luck. I can't tell you how much healthier I feel in general.

I quit 14 months ago and my experience is opposite of what you describe. The first 3 weeks were very easy, in part because I was so determined I guess. Then weeks 4-10 were horrific, very bad withdrawals. Not one day since I quit that I havent wanted a cigarette and even thought about the whole physical act of lighting one up. You wont believe how much better you feel though after you get through it!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hooks

Forum Member
Aug 14, 2000
VEGAS
Thanks the post, After reading this I've decided to join you in quitting smoking! I just let my girlfriend read it and she said that March 20th is her fathers B-day. So March 20th it will be. And happy B- day in advance Jack we can all do this as a :grouphug: Hooks

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
nervousTic said:
Damn. How long had you smoked, Agent? Are you around other smokers alot?

1.5 packs a day from age 18 -30. My Mom smokes and so do a few friends and co-workers, but luckily all the local poker games I play in went non smoking shortly after I quit which really helped. I still have a pack of Marlboro Lights in my car, I figured I couldnt run from them so I just left the fukcers right there on my seat and in my console where I had to see them everyday.

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Agent 0659........
I carried a pack for a year the first time I quit and I knew just where to go when I finally rationalized that I had beaten it and could have just 1 ..once in a while... next day ..pack was gone and I was back to where I had left off...till I finally quit for good 41/2 years ago..........Get rid of that pack..no good can come from it!!!
I AM EXCITED for those who are about to change their lives!!!
You will experience the anger, deprivation and it will definitely help to come here for help...Misery loves company and we can all laugh a little about it........BUT....make no mistake...You will change your life and all in your family will rejoice...Get strong guys...its no walk in the park...

bear

nervousTic

Forum Member
Dec 8, 2005
I pretty much went out of sight/out of mind. Never see them, never around smokers unless at the bar, etc. I also took up exercising (running) shortly thereafter, and I'm sure that's helped alot with the focus. At any rate - KEEP IT UP BRO.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Could be long list P-Fan
The bottom line is our health is our most valuable asset --and so many things can get us we have no control over--it makes me feel like absolute dunce to not stop things I have control over.
--but don't feel any one vice trumps another--however will acknowledge fact that second hand smoke in closed area does effect others while most other vices do not.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Agent 0659

Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
What also helped me was doing a little research on cigarettes, whats in them, what it does to you physically, this shit is POISON, plain and simple. Not to mention the BS excess taxes you pay when you buy a pack for like 5.00. That shit was very good motivation. There is also a movie I rented that was about some guy who worked for one of the big tobacco companies and he went public with a lot of their BS. That movie pissed me off too!