ILL/ARK

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

THISclose

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2001
ILL looks like straight SHIT. 12 turnovers midway through the 1st half. Missed free throws. Refs calling(or NOT calling)everything ARKs way. Of course I had ILL -6.5 1st half. Just a FYI..Illinois is overrated bad. They don't seem to want it! If Ark can get ahead far enough this 1st half Ill may be a decent 2nd half play..I dunno, they sure look like shit now!

THISclose

Forum Member
Nov 13, 2001
WTF! ARK traveled 5 times in the trip that gave them the lead! BS! One of the worst ref jobs I've ever seen. That said(and I'm a ILL guy)they flat ass SUCK. I think they heard what everyone said about them and they just assumed they were great....NOT!

[This message has been edited by THISclose (edited 12-08-2001).]

nickcage100

Forum Member
Dec 8, 2000
USA
I had Illinois in a ML parlay. First of all this team is not a top 10 team. No fundamentals. Stupid morons fouling Ark players on layups to let ARk get back in the game. Assistant coaches on ILL dont realize refs put up extra 5 seconds at end of the game. Totally clueless coaching staff and team. This team is OVERATED and very stupid.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Illinois goes to the line 48 times...and the refs blew the call on the layup by Dean that would have put Arkansas ahead with 1.5 seconds left..ball clearly left his hand before any contact was made. And how the refs put 5.5 seconds on the clock was one of the most unbelievable things I've seen in a basketball game from an officiating crew. Not even close.

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Totally agree about the officiating and the poor play of Illinois. And they are still the best the Big-10 has to offer. Play lots of dogs come Big-10 seson and you should make plenty of cash.

NJO

Forum Member
Apr 24, 2001
Milwaukee, WI
agree, for Ark, the basket should have counted, then have IL shoot on the other end.

however, the refs did not put 5.5 secs back on the clock - the clock shown on ESPN was the ESPN clock, not the official game clock - the official game clock had the right time up there because it stopped on the IL make with about 10 secs left (while ESPN's clock kept running, incorrectly).

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taker02000

Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Simpsonville, SC, USA
Good observation NJO---the clock should have stopped after Ill scored but the United Center timekeeper was so excited about seeing a win in that building (lol@ Chicago Bulls) that he forgot to stop it!!

Taker

NJO

Forum Member
Apr 24, 2001
Milwaukee, WI
Actually, the United Center timekeeper had 5.5 seconds on the clock when the ref had the charge.

If you watch the replay, look at the clock on top of the backboard - when the ref calls the charge and kills the clock, the official clock on top of the board says 5.5 seconds.

ESPN's own clock had run to zero, but the official time was right on.

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
NJO- Thanks for the clarification. Didn't have the volume on and was on my way out the door..was just going by the time ESPN was showing.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SKEETER1

SKEETER1
Forum Member
Aug 12, 2001
Phoenix
Frankie Williams...I saw him in high school and have watched him with the Illini...he is a individual who looks to score and just as long as he avgs. over 20pts a gm he is happy...he is not a tm player nor has he ever been....until he recognizes that this Illini tm wont go nowhere without a tm effort consider the Illini DONE. It reminds me of wathcing the 76ers...they all sit around and watch Iverson...but F. Williams isnt as talented of course nor will he ever be as Iverson....Count me out on this Illini TM...to many teammates counting on Frankie to pull them through when all he wants is to pull himself through to the NBA draft....frankie....Be a team player...UR not that damn good to be a Jordan and carry UR team...and 1 more thing...move ur damn feet on def and cut off the baseline and STOP freaking reaching