injury notes

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
columbus dispatch...

INJURY UPDATE -- Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre took a stick in the right eye near the end of the second period against the Bruins. He experienced blurred vision, but his sight was clearing yesterday. MacLean said Grand-Pierre and Knutsen (hip pointer) might be in the lineup when the St. Louis Blues visit Nationwide Arena on Tuesday night. Knutsen has missed two games. . . . MacLean said left winger Geoff Sanderson (back spasms) and center Tyler Wright (concussion) are questionable to doubtful for Tuesday. They have each missed four games. . . . Left winger Martin Spanhel was assigned to Syracuse of the American Hockey League.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
minnesota wild...

Published Nov 13 2001
The Wild recalled center Richard Park from minor-league Houston on Monday. Park leads Houston with 14 points (four goals) in 13 games. Park was called up because defenseman Lubomir Sekeras, out the past five games because of a sprained knee, was placed on injured reserve. Also, center Darby Hendrickson is expected to miss his second consecutive game because of a sore back

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
post gazette...
AUBIN IN NET TONIGHT FOR PITT
pens-

Coach Rick Kehoe tweaked the Penguins' forward lines a bit before an hour-long workout at Floyd Hall Arena on the campus of Montclair St. University yesterday. The lines looked like this: Mario Lemieux-Milan Kraft-Toby Petersen, Jan Hrdina-Robert Lang-Aleksey Morozov, Dan LaCouture-Wayne Primeau-Stephane Richer and Kevin Stevens-Kris Beech-Billy Tibbetts. Those combinations are subject to change, though, especially if RW Alexei Kovalev is able to play tonight. D Janne Laukkanen, who is coming off knee surgery nearly five months ago, said he is "probably looking" at returning to the lineup when the Penguins face the New York Islanders tomorrow night at Mellon Arena, although Kehoe said Laukkanen's return will come "maybe on the weekend."

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 11-13-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
thrasher notes...
RHODES IN NET TONIGHT
[The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: 11.13.2001]
Ferraro, Slegr could be back

By JEFF SCHULTZ
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Staff Writer

St. Paul, Minn. -- There is a chance the Thrashers, who had seven rookies in the lineup last game, will get considerably older tonight.

Center Ray Ferraro, 37, who missed Saturday's game in Washington with a bad back, says he is about 50-50 for tonight's road trip finale against Minnesota. Ferraro has not practiced the past two days but said, "It feels better. I'll get more treatment and skate in the morning and see how it feels, just to be sure. I'll definitely know in the morning. It won't be a game-time decision."

Defenseman Jiri Slegr also is expected back. Slegr returned to Atlanta last week after missing the Anaheim game with a hip injury. But after several exams, doctors ruled out any serious injury, and the 30-year-old flew to Minnesota on Monday.

"Hopefully he's over this," coach Curt Fraser said. "It would be great to get him back, as it would [Petr] Buzek and [Jeff] Odgers and Yannick [Tremblay] and [Patrik] Stefan. We need these guys. We miss their leadership."

Fraser believes Ferraro is "better than 50-50" for tonight, adding, "Hopefully he can jump-start our offense."

The Thrashers have scored only five goals in six games on the road trip.

Rhodes to start in hometown

St. Paul native Damian Rhodes, who had one of his best performances last season against the Wild with 35 saves in a 1-1 tie, will start tonight. Rhodes' mother, sister and two nephews were at practice Monday. "He played excellent here last year and hopefully things will go well again," Fraser said. "He's got to do something to earn those 25 tickets he bought for his family."

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
caps...JAGR BACK

Washington Capitals winger Jaromir Jagr will return from a right knee strain tonight against the Ottawa Senators, saying his injury feels better than it has since he first was hurt a month ago in the third game of the season.

"It's a lot better, but we're going to find out during the game how good it really is," Jagr said. "I feel like right now it is better than the last time I came back, but everybody knows in this sport anything can happen during the game. It's a very physical game, but I feel like I should be okay."

The Capitals' play has lagged without Jagr. Washington has won one of its last seven games (1-5-1); the victory was a shutout of woeful Atlanta on Saturday night. Tonight, the Capitals face an opponent, Ottawa, that is on a franchise-best six-game winning streak.

The Capitals will do so without stalwarts Calle Johansson and Steve Konowalchuk, who are out with long-term injuries, while defenseman Ken Klee remains out for at least a few more days with a knee injury. Co-captain Brendan Witt could be out until the weekend as he remains in western Canada to attend a funeral. Defenseman Sergei Gonchar continues to rest his strained groin when the team practices, but he too will play tonight.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
blues notes:

The Blues may be without Pronger, who has a sore left wrist, for Tuesday night's game. Quenneville termed him doubtful for the game, though he said Pronger should be able to play the rest of the trip. Marc Bergevin is back with the team after his two-game conditioning stint in Worcester - the first hockey he has played this season - and said he's ready to go.

"I was surprised," said Bergevin, who played about 20 minutes each night. "I felt pretty good. I kept to short shifts and it was a good thing. ... I felt good overall."

The status of Cory Stillman also is up in the air, though he's perfectly healthy. Stillman, who hasn't scored since Oct. 13, was a healthy scratch on Saturday against Phoenix. Quenneville cited displeasure with his play.

"Obviously, I'm not happy with the way I've been playing and obviously, they're not happy with it, either," Stillman said. "It's matter of watching some games, working as hard as I can in practice, and when I get the opportunity, to take advantage of it. I'm not producing the way I want to produce and it shows.

"I have to go out, get involved in the game, be around the puck all the time. I haven't been doing that. ... It's a wakeup call."

kevinmac_99

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2001
Austin,TX,USA
Hey wigs....Wassup man...How in Sam Hell do I get intouch with you....Had a blast at that Hockey game and would like to do it again whenever possible.....my email is kevinmac_99@yahoo.com and work number is 823-6282.....hit me up when you get some time...later and GL buddy.

HOOK'EM

KMAC

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
more pen info...

Yesterday, the entire Penguins team chartered up to Toronto to surprise GM Craig Patrick and broadcaster Mike Lange on their induction into the hockey Hall of Fame. in the last three days this team has flown from Florida to New Jersey up to Canada and now back to Jersey.

Bet on MyBookie