Interesting stat on Raptors

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Dirk Diggler

Forum Member
Jun 29, 2004
Raptors are 0-21 SU and 3-18 ATS when they allow
over 100 points.
Phoenix has scored over 100 points in 37 of their 45 games this year.

HPark1

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2001
Didn't know the numbers were that horrendous. It's extremely unlikely Phoenix will not score 100.

On top of those numbers I really feel this is a difficult game for the Raptors. They have been groomed into a run and gun team and against Phoenix it is virtually impossible to outscore this team. If they try to slow it down they will struggle themselves so they really have no option but to run and hope to feed off the home crowd and an off day from Phoenix.

Toronto has major problems controlling the backboards and if Marion and Stoudamire can get easy 2nd chance points it will be difficult to see Toronto keeping this within the number.

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
raptors website stating that Alston is suspended from the team for 2 games. the old conduct detmtrimental to the team.

HPark1

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2001
Upon further thinking I believe it is wise to hit both the Under and Phoenix hard.

I see the line has shifted a half point for Phoenix to 7.5 after the suspension news. This is an insult to R. Alston and a gross underestimation of what he is worth to the Raptors. He runs the offense, creates shots with his penetration and can hit the odd 3 now and then. His backup M. Pallacio is a fringe NBA player who posseses no shot and limited passing skills for his position. He is probably the better defender however. After Pallacio there is nobody else. I expect J. Rose will have to carry the ball up court at times.

After a modest winning streak Toronto now has dropped 2 in a row (including last game @ Charlotte) and has begun to show they are just flat out a bad team. They play team ball but they have so little talent to work with. S. Michell has continously criticised his team in public and once again called them out after their last game, a loss to the Bobcats. I get the feeling the team is starting to become decensotized to Mitchell's outbursts.

Phoenix is a terrible matchup for them and I look for S. Nash's return to Canada to end with an easy victory.

Phoenix 116-101

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg