Is 'Happy Feet' a leftist propaganda film?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Neil Cavuto and many neocons believe so. The environmental message is downright communist. Apparently one of the penguins even promotes homosexuality.:142smilie

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005
Neil Cavuto? What outfit does this little fag work for now? Tell him to produce his own movie about wrecking the environment. :mj07:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Neil Cavuto and many neocons believe so. The environmental message is downright communist. Apparently one of the penguins even promotes homosexuality.:142smilie

Smurph honestly do you watch a lot of Fox News? I know when i do i can't do it for to long. Its like watching something with tight pants on. I'll sit there and start hearing bullshit after bullshit and try to stay with it but i just can't.

pirate fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
I suppose I would be labeled by you guys as a neocon as I think the global warming issue is a bunch of crap, but I took my kids to see the movie and I didn't get that agenda. Yeah there is some stuff about humans infringing on nature I suppose but in the end, it shows humans and nature getting along together in my opinion. You would have to be looking for an arguement to create it in this case. People are toooooo sensitive, both right and left.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Smurph honestly do you watch a lot of Fox News? I know when i do i can't do it for to long. Its like watching something with tight pants on. .
:mj07:

Not a bad comparison. It's like watching a 'Loverboy' video from 1983, I think I've even seen Brit Hume in a headband once or twice.

I'm fascinated by the lack of news on Fox. It's 95% opinion - usually on the most inane topics. War on Christmas? Leftist cartoons? I love it when they go out of their way to find the craziest professor from Lenin U and parade the bearded freak around like he was the typical Joe Democrat. They may not be fair and balanced, or even a *news* network, but they are definitely entertaining.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I suppose I would be labeled by you guys as a neocon as I think the global warming issue is a bunch of crap.
I'm not completely sold on it myself. I think there are much more obvious environmental issues affecting us everyday. Global warming is something worth researching, but not panicking. To completely dismiss it though I think is a mistake.

pirate fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
I agree 100%. I'm not saying we are having no effect as I;m sure we are effecting the environment in negative ways. I just don't think it is entirely human action causing some of our problems or future concerns. I agree we need to monitor and research, to be aware of our affects on nature.

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
yeah, certain folks like sticking messages in these films and many of them don't really regard it as any message, but "education".

My sister teaches fourth grade at gov't school, and they had a day spent on global warming. One of the "sensitive" kids had a bad panic attack and had to go to nurse's office for help.:scared

Bjorn Lomborg, author of "The Skeptical Environmentalist" recently said in interview:

"Global warming is an important issue and one which we should address. But there is no sense of proportion either in environmental terms, or indeed in terms of the other issues facing the world.

If you just take the environmental problem first, it's very clear that what causes by far the majority of deaths is lack clean drinking water and lack of sanitation. Millions of people are dying each year from this. Also taking the new WHO estimates of what really kills people, these are the huge issues.

The second biggest problem is indoor air pollution, which probably kills somewhere between 1 and 3 million people each year, basically because people are too poor to use good fuels and end up using dung or cardboard or whatever they can find. Only a very distant third comes climate change, which the WHO puts at 150,000 to die right now.....

We have spent so much time over the last 10 years trying to do something about climate change. We have a treaty that will essentially do nothing whatsoever about climate change and it will still end up costing us quite a bit. And you've got to ask yourself, couldn't we have spent that amount of time and effort and consideration on addressing some of the issues in the world where we could have done an enormous amount of good?

So if we stand back, as Al Gore asks us to do, and look at it from the coming generation's point of view, they are going to ask 'what were they thinking?' They tried to do a tiny little bit about climate change at a fairly high cost, but have done very little good, whereas there are many other problems that they could have tackled that would have left a much better world behind."

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I haven't seen this movie - isn't the problem the penguins have from people over-fishing their staple food? Is global warming talked about at all?

Either way, it's just a damn cartoon for kids. I don't recall growing up thinking that Injuns were stupid because Bugs would trick them so easily or that I could run in the air, so long as I never looked down. These Cavutos of the world are obviously way too uptight or need to get real jobs and lighten up.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
If STAR WARS was released today it'd be slammed by the right as a propaganda film. It's just the state of politics we're in today. "News" outlets have to find something to keep their base audience angry and attentive.

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
"News" outlets have to find something to keep their base audience angry and attentive.

You left out shaking with fear as well, Nick. I think I have completely taken CNN and Fox News out of my life. They are pathetic.

Just stick with CNBC and find out about what really matters. ;)

This message was approved by your local capitalist. ;)

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
This has been going on for a long time. Examples:

The Love Bug - Liberal Propaganda against SUVs to come.

Willy Wonka - Righty Propaganda promoting the eating of Chocolate and making kids fat.

The Lion King - Liberal Propaganda promoting animal fornication and condemning racism against Hyenas.

Bad News Bears - Leftist Propoganda telling our kids it's ok to be bad at sports.

Just to name a few.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Bad News Bears - Leftist Propoganda telling our kids it's ok to be bad at sports.
Let's not forget their message about minors drinking alcohol and promoting alcoholism on all levels.

Not to mention, this movie may have single-handedly paved the way for Title 9 because it promoted the idea of girls playing sports at an elite level. The death of many college football programs was clearly a result of this film.

Bad News Bears was the cause of the modern femenist state we live in and will one day be blamed for Hillary's presidency.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dawgball,

That sound like wise policy. Good to see you, as well. How are things for ya? I see your location is now listed as Tennessee. Did you move or am I mistaken there?

Bet on MyBookie