It ought to be a law?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

spuds

Forum Member
Aug 5, 2001
farmington,mo.,usa
h2obydesign.com
I have a friend from the dominican that has just started a junior college and has to write an essay about It ought to be a law?

He has asked me to work with him and was wanting to get some ideas from madjackers. i mentioned it ought to be a law to gamble on the internet. any ideas is great and explanations

a) describe law and explain
b)why its needed?
c)how would it be enforced?
*)what would be the penalties?

this is the essay any help would be great and thanks in advance.

2muchchalk

Late Night
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2002
nj
a good topic would be "Senior citizens must reapply for their drivers license ever 2 years after the age of 65."
can research how eyes, motor skills, decision making skills...etc decline at that age.

God i hate those old drivers

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
2muchchalk said:
a good topic would be "Senior citizens must reapply for their drivers license ever 2 years after the age of 65."
can research how eyes, motor skills, decision making skills...etc decline at that age.

They arent nearly as bad as the teenage drivers although similar. Maybe no license until age 18???

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mcgruder

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2004
Northern Minnesota
As an old timer myself (59) I consider myself a good driver. I would like to see everyone take a "written test" every 5 years to ensure that everyone knows the "rules of the road." I agree, when people get old, there are bad drivers out there but there are alot of younger drivers that "don't" know the rules.

ImFeklhr

Raconteur
Forum Member
Oct 3, 2005
San Francisco
That is the sorriest expression in the American vernacular. Maybe if less people thought and acted on the notion "there oughta be a law,"...

we wouldn't have so many pitiful, confusing and needless laws.

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
2muchchalk said:

TOPIC CLOSED!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

2muchchalk

Late Night
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2002
nj
Agent 0659 said:
They arent nearly as bad as the teenage drivers although similar. Maybe no license until age 18???

i agree, but the younger a driver is the more risks they are going take. I just thought the 65 year old topic would be easier to write about, research and make points for. We all have seen some poor elderly person, who should not be on the road.At some point, your body/mind can't physically do it anymore. SOme people that age is 70, some it is 90, some it is 55, some are never. More than other drivers, many older drivers are only putting themselves in danger.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
2muchchalk said:
most of them go so slow, it should not be a issue.

When I am heading to work and some blue hair on a two lane road has traffic tied up for half a mile because 25 is the safe speed, then yea, thats a traffic problem.