It seems to me that

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

checkraiser

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
clifton park, ny
everyone and their mother is on Mich St. tonight and for good reason, yet the line just keeps dwindling down. I understand that the spartans are down this year but they still come to play at home and everybody knows of Illinois' problems this year, especially on the road.
Something smells like carp here
I know, it seems every time I bet on Illinois its like jumping in the middle of the ocean with a straight jacket on, but this line and its movement are a bit out of whack.
I'll bite one more time with this Illini group and just hope to not be floating in the morning.
Illinois +1

monkey

Forum Member
Jan 19, 2002
cincy
been there

been there

been in the same ocean as you this time i'm not getting out of the boat.......

crib_19

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Lima, Ohio, USA
Checkraiser....is your nickname here at jacks...short for Check-to-the-raiser? play alot of cards and was just wondering...?
p.s.--FYI..I watched that Illin.vs Mich. St. game on the tube two weeks ago...Mich. St. basically led wire-to-wire...and their good guard Taylor was not in for 3/4 of the game (concussion)...they still won the game @ Illin....I'm playing spartens...good luck...crib

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
played a hand or two myself

played a hand or two myself

i believa a checkraiser is a bettor who first checks, lets a fish jump in with a bet and then proceeds to raise the bet back around. disliked in greener games but fair game to the purist.

crib_19

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Lima, Ohio, USA
Loop...when the above happens....If I'm the raiser, what about
raising back...clear the rest of the boys out...then its mono on mono...problem is in my game..I play w/ the same 10-12 guys every thursday nite...you check and raise at our table (Iwouldn't consider us green..:) ) you don't get invited to the golf course or the saturday nite dinner party w/ the wives..if ya know what I mean??
I do like your thoughts though..:)

checkraiser

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
clifton park, ny
crib, loop is exactly right on about the check raising, especially the part about greener games, however I do most of my playing in poker rooms where your opponents aren't usually friends and your objective isn't making friends so it is a tactical part of the game. As far as reraising, personally only when I know I'm holding the nuts, most of the time I will just call. As always different strokes for different folks
How bout them fightin illini, win or lose this team gives me stomach pains. I'll take it but think my best interest is in passing on there games in the future, major underachievers.
good luck

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg