Italian Open

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
0.5 ew Fulke 80/1 (Sportingbet)..ok, so not done us many favours this year, but price seems very fair. 7th here 2 years ago, could be warming up for end of season bash in Spain...which may take some of pressure off him...10th in PGA just 4 events ago...28/1 with Hills

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
For a previous winner (different course), winner this year and recent runner-up, Romero looks massive at 33/1 with Sporting Odds as low as 14/1 Bet365, 16/1 Ladbrokes.... nearest is 22/1 Coral.

Could everybody DISagree please? No KOD's allowed!!!

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
I will keep suggesting different players, thus avoiding KOD for all of us...
0.5 ew Levet 66/1 (Sportingbet)
5th last time out, last two outings at Is Molas not good, but before that on Challenge Tour he was 5th and 2nd here...

gone for Levet (66/1) and Allenby (40/1) small ew double as well..Sportingbet.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
whoops..
thanks guys, will not swear, as have not lost yet...was just getting warmed up on Euro tour as well...will get books out again...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

milpalm

Forum Member
Mar 12, 2002
Lillestrom, Norway
Gonzalez 33/1 Centrebet. Keeping stakes small for this event as little is known about the course. Ric has a good record in this event and is in decent form. I have also backed another Argentinian whose name I won't mention.

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
Here is a strange one...
I see Lonard quoted in books for this and the SFB in the US...he is also entered for both...I suppose if he got an early tee time in Italy, and then flew to the States (where he had a late tee-time), then just made the cut in Italy, (to maintain early tee-time), and led in the SFB, he could just about make it. If he scored a 59 on Sunday in Italy, missed the prize giving, he could just about get back to win in the US as well...
and we were laying him the other week, because he was injured...
will we get full odds for the double?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
Lonard has dropped out now, playing in SFB...

adding, and hope I have right course now, for the little it is worth this week.

1 ew A Hansen 40/1 (BSquare)..four good solid rounds last week, and seems to have stopped partying after winning Volvo PGA..
0.5 ew Florioli 200/1 (VChandler)..Italian, playing in Italy...although he lives in Monaco...was right up there in Challenge Tour final last week..needing to move into top 15 to qualify for Euro Tour..blew it big time with a 75 on Sunday..last three European Tour Tournaments have resulted in 2 top 10's...albeit weak co-sanctioned affairs...get in the frame Massimo!

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (1.5 units):

Trevor Immelman to win 25/1 e.w. @ Eurobet
Large price for one of the most in-form players on Tour at the moment (available at less than half these odds in some places). Has nine top-30 finishes in his last ten starts, including five top-10s. Can only be a matter of time before he curbs his attacking instincts and wins on Tour. He is yet to win outside Africa, but he will surely repeat his top-10 finish of last year.

Ricardo Gonzalez to win 33/1 e.w. @ Tote
Gonzalez also has a good record in this event, albeit at a different course. He has finished in the top-12 in the last two years and has been playing particularly well since securing a top-10 finish in the PGA Championship. Looked set to challenge for the Lancome Trophy until a 3rd round 77 and like Immelman, if he either curb his attacking instincts or just be lucky with them, he should have a good week.

Anders Hansen to win 40/1 e.w. @ Sporting Odds, Sportingbet, Blue Square and BetaBet
With Olgiata being a tree-lined course, I suppose one of the selections should be accurate off the tee, and Anders Hansen certainly fits the bill. He won the Volvo PGA Championship around a similar course and produced a solid top-15 performance around Club de Campo last week to easily win his matchup. Looks to be returning to his early season form.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Final update:

Matchups: 4-1-0; +4.35 units

Cabrera/Immelman WON by 4
Cabrera/Orr WON by 4
Cabrera/Rose WON by 11 (at the cut)
Harrington/Rose WON by 5 (at the cut)
Howell/Tunnicliff LOST by 6

Outrights: 1-2; +3.75 units

Immelman 23rd
Gonzalez 68th
Hansen 3rd

Always relieved to finish in profit with a weather-affected/shortened event! The matchup wins were decisive once Cabrera had shot 61 in the 2nd round and Hansen's 3rd place finish was as high as he could finish after he had dropped five shots in three holes in the middle of his 2nd round. As good a week as it could have been.

European Tour ytd
Matchups: 62-41; +24.11 units
Outrights: 14-55; +47.29 units