IU v Charlotte

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
as very few of you probably do not know I generally do a write up on every ohio state or indiana game and it is kept in my posted record which i will update later. That being said this indiana line is so messed up its ridiculous. In no way I can I rationalize taking the hoosiers here, but charlotte is downright bad. line is a huge trap and public agrees by pounding them at 75% + according to my consensus #'s. Anyway, will have more on this game later, but again i repeat game looks like a monster trap.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I thought this line would be IU by 10+ and I felt like they would cover that.

IU(-2.5) IS A GIFT

Forget trap game. This UNCC is not bad, they are GOD AWFUL.
If IU plays well they win by 20+.
If IU plays medicore they win by 10+
If IU play poorly then win by 4-9

THIS SPREAD IS INSANE TO ME. Having seen UNCC a few times I know this:
They have a go to guy in Withers, but he is a man by himself and he is not even that great of a player.
UNCC biggest problem in most games this season his they will have long stretches where they just can not score.

Good Luck.This one seems to good to be true which scares me,but so be it.
IU is the major play for me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
agree w/hawkeye, and thats what scares me (not the agreeing part, lol. just the part that uncc is not that bad).
if the situation was a little better, id be on the 49ers.
but i cant trust a dog thats barely shooting 60% from the line and then loses a bit of their home court edge over the christmas break. but charlotte is a helluva lot better than indiana state. they have shooters, but they havent been hitting consistently so far.

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
Charlotte or nothing for sure, just cannot for the life of me believe how low this line is. They are totally begging for charlotte action, i mean begging for it, line should be 6-7 imo

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Some heavy hitters(gman and countin guy) have come in here questioning IU.
This has me a liitle concerned with the IU take,but I know what I have seen this season out of UNCC.
Chew on this:
Early in the season UNCC was a no show at a tournament going down to Northwestern in a bad way, then putting up no effort vs. Wyoming whatsoever.
They have been poor at home as well.
Evidence scoring 11 points in the 1stH vs a solid Miss St team and finishing with 38 total.
How about being tied with 4 minutes left at home with lowly Portland before catching fire late to pull away.
Needing double OT to beat an average Davidson team at home after Davidson gave the game away in both regulation and first OT.
Add in that they have not played in 9 days and that was a 3 point loss at home to VALPO.

How much evidence do you need to say UNCC is bad.
Where is the one good performance in 9 games this season???

And the loss to Ind St was a rival game and IU had a 16 point lead in that game. Ind St got hot early in the 2ndH and got back in it.
Ind St won at a Butler yesterday. I know Butler is not as strong as they were but still a tough place to win.

Please tell me why I would even consider a play on UNCC at (+2.5)

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
IU and Indiana St. is not a rivalry game.

IU and Purdue is a rivalry game. I'm willing to take the Hoosiers at -2.5, but you always have the Mike Davis factor. That alone could get UNCC the victory.

countinguy

Wait til Half
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Indy Home of Basketball and Racing
DIRTY Diapers said:
you always have the Mike Davis factor. That alone could get UNCC the victory.

That right there alone is the reason I am doing nothing til half!!!

Looking at the numbers Indiana should cover easily, but I am just not that confident in it, so gl whatever u do.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Indiana may not consider that a rivalry but Indiana St sure does.
Mike Davis is always a issue when you play IU.
UNCC is just gonna have to knock the 3's down on me.
May take IU in the 1stH as well.
IU has been very strong in the 1stH of games this season while UNCC has not.
Trailed at the half in almost every game. Why should tonite be any different.

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
uncc always plays hot and cold in their nonconference games, often appearing nonchalant or playing down to their opponent. read somewhere that there will be more than 20 nba scouts at the game tonight to see withers and killingsworth play. i'm not playing the game, but i'd expect the 49ers to bring their a game tonight. if i did play the game, can't imagine playing the hoosiers as a road favorite.

ps - this year's wildcats are not an "average" davidson team, they were preseason picks to win the southern conference. their annual game with charlotte is a big rivalry game for them.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I consider Davidson average when you look at who is coming to town.IU
Davidson has 1 quality win at home over St Joes.
Beating Umass and Missouri is more of a given these days than a nice win.
Davidson is slightly better than average,but even still.
If Valpo can win there then why should I think IU can't.
More than likey the Stadium will be 50% empty,30% UNCC,and 20% IU with the Christmas break.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
i still have a higher opinion of davidson than you do, but that's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

btw, uncc is a commuter college, probably 75% of the enrollment lives in mecklenburg county. i'd guess they'll have a pretty good turnout for iu coming to town.

msutter13

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
arlington heights, il
I put $800 down on the Indiana ML. If Indiana had a decent coach the line would be -9, but don't forget that this is a revenge game for Indiana. They were robbed last year by a last second 3 by charlotte that shouldn't have counted. Davis should have them pumped up and ready to go. Also there star sophmore DJ white is coming back for this game. Theres no such thing as a sure thing, but Indiana winning this game is as close as it comes.

Rcxslam

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2004
nyc
msutter13 said:
I put $800 down on the Indiana ML. If Indiana had a decent coach the line would be -9, but don't forget that this is a revenge game for Indiana. They were robbed last year by a last second 3 by charlotte that shouldn't have counted. Davis should have them pumped up and ready to go. Also there star sophmore DJ white is coming back for this game. Theres no such thing as a sure thing, but Indiana winning this game is as close as it comes.

are u sure DJ White is definatlely back for this game? I heard he was probable...

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
Rcxslam said:
are u sure DJ White is definatlely back for this game? I heard he was probable...

He will be back, but slowly. Just really testing him tonight.

White, who has missed the past six weeks with a broken left foot suffered in the exhibition opener against St. Joseph's (Ind.), practiced all week and is hoping to see his first action of the season tonight.
"He's jumping like he was, and everything else is good except for his conditioning,'' IU coach Mike Davis said. "We are hoping he can get a few minutes in against Charlotte. We are going to bring him on slowly and might just hold on until the Butler game (on Friday) to get him going. We don't want him to come in thinking he needs to score 25 points and grab 15 rebounds.
"If he does that, we'll take it, but we want to bring him on slow.''

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I can't figure out if UNCC is awful like I said. Or do they just make AWFUL DECISIONS.
When IU started bombing in the 3's, UNCC thought one pass and shoot could get them back in it.No rebounders or anything.
This is why they go on long scoring droughts.
No discipline whatsoever out of UNCC.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
IU shot well and UNCC played about as I expected.
Never a doubt once halftime rolled around.
Not even Mike Davis could lose to UNCC.