Vitaly Potapenko
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Corliss Williamson
Wally Szczerbiak
Brian Scalabrine
Rajon Rondo
Al Jefferson
Sebastian Telfair

My analysis if you wonder why...Sacramento is always willing to make a splash with the Maloof's. Bibby is likely to opt out of his contract for, at the very least, more money. Rahim is ok, but a bit hefty for his contract for 3 more years.
SAC starts Off Bench
Miller Ratliff
Thomas
Artest
Martin Salmons
Iverson

Boston is disappointed to not have already made a deal by now, with all their young guards. Boston gets to basically turn Wally and Ratliff into Webber for one less year. In doing so, they have to deal away some solid young pieces, while also getting Bibby and hoping to convince him to stay. Green is untouchable for Boston and they'll look to get him more opportunities.
Boston lineup Off Bench
Perkins
Webber
Gomes Green
Pierce West
Bibby Allen

It's obvious why Philly wants this deal... they would love to start over, completely over, and with no Webber or Iverson, they can do that. While they would be 'stuck' with Wally and Rahim for a few years, they get more than enough talent and cap space to make it worth it.
Also, its a mere guarantee Phi would eventually buy out or flip the contracts of Williamson and Potapenko to a team that for cap relief for a draft pick or young talent.

Phi starts
Dalembert Hunter
Jefferson Rahim
Wally Williamson
Iguodala Korver
Telfair Rondo

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
If it happens, just another in a long series of disappointments for Wolves fans. Garnett and Iverson would have been the shiznit...two gamers with ultimate heart to win, and would complement each other perfectly. I guess we will continue to sit with 8 guards on the team, one great player, and miss the playoffs indefinitely.

Kevin McHale is the Devil. I sincerely hope, as a Wolves fan, that Garnett is traded so he can enjoy his remaining years winning somewhere that matters. I'd rather be bored with a crappier team than watch his ongoing looks of frustration every night. Yay...we get to keep watching the big-hearted bunch of Marco Jaric, Troy Hudson, Mark Blount and Ricky Davis for a while. Hey, maybe we can pick up Joe Smith again before the year is out.

:mad:

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
I think Boston would be stronger with that deal. Bibby and Pierce would be a dynamic duo, and the rest of the pieces might make for a good squad. I'll say one thing for Ainge, he certainly doesn't sit tight for long.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I can't wait to see this deal done. I hope Iverson gets to a good team. I cant wait to see what Phillies front office does. This same collection of clowns who couldn't draft to save their lives is now gonna rebuild the franchise? Larry Brown is the one who decimated this team with his silly draft picks. Sponge wanted Pierce but Brown wanted Larry Hughes. Sopnge wanted Tashun Prince and Darrien Songoli Brown wanted John Salmons and Sam Clancey. I could go on and on. I will say this tho since they got rid of Brown the picks have gotten better. As long as Billy who has no clue about talent evaluation King stays far away and lets Tony Delio do the rebuilding we have a chance. Back in the Day it was rumored that Delio wanted Pierce also and King wanted Dirk but Brown pulled a temper tantrum and they settled on Hughes.