Ivy League Preview

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Some of you might remember I did pretty well in the Ivy last year. While it's early I've missed a couple so far and I've been better in the MAAC.

FWIW, here's my preview of tonite's games:

BEST BET: Harvard +11

Princeton hasn't lost at home to a team other than Penn in ten years.

IMO Harvard is actually the better team here; Princeton is the #1 shooting team in the league but Harvard is #2 in FG% D. Harvard is better on the boards while Princeton has better ball handling.

Harvard knows if they're going to get a win this weekend it better be tonite as they travel to Penn tomorrow. This is the last chance for Harvard's 5 starting seniors.

IMO this should be a close game which either team could win, Princeton's home court advantage is not worth eleven points.

Brown -3

Cornell is vastly improved from last year but they're not playing Columbia this weekend. Cornell should keep this one close but their poor FT shooting (63% for the season and 13-22 last Saturday) will be difference in this one. Brown is playing at its best of the season, Cornell's frontcourt is hurt and they'll have no way to stop Hunt and Forte.

Yale -11

Columbia's home court is going to help them break 50 points even against Yale's lax D. This is a must win for Yale as they're 0-2 in league play

Penn -26.5

Penn could easily be up by 26 at the half vs the Dartmouth, the Big Green are coming off a marathon loss at Albany last week where four of their starters played 48+ minutes each.

Only reason not to play Penn is that their star pg Andrew Toole is wearing a protective boot to protect his ankle, an injury he suffered in the 2H vs LaSalle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Toole play fewer minutes than normal to rest his ankle for Saturdays game vs Harvard. Not sure this will stop the rout here as Dartmouth will be outrebounded in this one by at least 2-1.

gl

AL FARR

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
S.C.
FOUND A DIAMOND

FOUND A DIAMOND

GLAD WERE ON THE SAME SIDE. THANKS FOR YOUR POST.YOU HELP ME MANY TIMES. AL FARR

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
There is the man of the hour. Superbook

im on all your picks except Harvard. Looking for princeton to blow this one out. Could start off slow but i just think the tigers are looking for a upset win. Harvard has the better record, but im gonna go with a doozy here. Tigers win by 15. hehehe

Princeton -10.5 1 unit

;)

Thanks for the others SB

Stag

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Superbook-

excellent preview as usual. Really looking forward to tonight. We are on the same side on 3 games.....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Box --

That was one ugly game. I'm pretty sure your HS teams can beat Columbia.

Notice that Oly has no ML on Harvard, which means they think the Crimson have a decent chance to win SU. They usually have MLs up until 16 or so.

- Jon

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
pardon the typo in my write-up: meant to say "Columbia's home court is NOT going to help them break 50 points"...hope you guys all understood that mistake. Yale was the play.

gl

- Jon

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SmashMouth

Forum Member
Oct 12, 2001
Long Branch Nj
Jon, wanted you to know the Ivy has quickly become one of my favorite conferences to play. You do a great job and it has made Friday nights profitable.:D

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Randal --

No worries on this end. I went 3-1 in the Ivy, Penn just missed the cover. Toole's absence from the game tonite probably was the difference.

But I hit the big Ivy/MAAC teaser that I posted in Stag's thread last nite so we're drinking Heineken here tonite.:toast:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg