Just pay the players already

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
NCAA and football/basketball universities are a thieving disgrace. There is nothing pure about any of this.

eagleone

Forum Member
Jul 27, 2007
Just pay the players

Just pay the players

Are you kidding me? The greedy Bastards who run the NCAA are sleeping with college presidents and they ain't gonna give up one dime to the kids who bring them millions of dollars. Please don't anybody respond with the argument of players getting room, board and tuition. This is not 1955! I sent a couple of practical suggestions to the NCAA and a few college presidents and have not heard a word, nor will I.

1. Eliminate scholarships, everyone should receive a financial aid package.
2. Pay players based on the level of competition, in other words, Division 1 should pay $1,000. per month per player, 1AA, $400.00 and D2 $200.00.
3. Let the NCAA and Colleges keep all rights to memorabilia, licensing, etc. video games, etc.
4. A player should be free to sell his own name to anybody he wants. If someone wants to pay Cam Newton a stupid sum of $100.00 for signing his t-shirt, let him. At the same time, doubtful anyone wants to pay for an autograph for a D3 player, but maybe they will.

Bet on MyBookie