K-1 Final

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I dont know if there are many K-1 fans here, but I think this is quite an interesting event.

Here are my 2 cents:

Zimmerman Texereira
I pick Zimmeran to win this fight. I dont like the odds though,anything over -200 is value IMO. Zimmerman is relatively fresh, but he impressively handled Freitosa and he's really strong. It might be a long shot, but I think he's the dark horse in the final, unfortunately he will meet the winner of Hari Aerts in the final.

Kareav Saki
Thats the one fight where I have a solid opinion on who will win as well as decent odds. I played Karaev @+140.
Some bookies have the odds the other way around. Saki has good low kicks, but he's pretty small and inexperienced. Karaev has a weak chin, but I think his long layoff has been good for him. His offense is good and Saki is dangerous with his low kicks..but I dont think these will be a great factor...
I dont give either man a chance to win this tournament. Karaevs chin sucks and Saki is kind of lost if his low kicks dont work...and I dont think they would help him against any of the finalists...well, maybe Texeira...

Le Banner vs. Bonjasky
Really tough fight to call. Bonjasky will always have trouble with guys that have superior boxing skills and JLB certainly has the advantage here...
Bonjasky is the favorit...so bettingwise JLB might be worth a shot...but no play for me...
JLB wont win this tourney IMO, his stamina is very questionably and his first fight is almost guaranteed to go 3 (or even more rounds).
And Bonjasky, I dont know, I think he has trouble to advance, but his conditionning is good and he certainly has the experience...

Hari vs. Aerts
No, thats not the final. ;-)
Apparantly the fighers themselves had the chance to look for their first opponent...and apperently nobody wanted to fight either guy...Saki wanted JLB or Ruslan, Texeira picked Zimmerman and JLB wanted Remy...so Hari had to settle for Aerts...haha...no, I think thats bullshit actually...
Hari has been knocking guys out lately, I believe he is by far the most dangerous puncher in this tourney...but even thought he hasnt been knocked out in some time, his chin remains questionable...Aerts found the strategy to win against Schillt, he is a good puncher and he can take a shot, so he is rightfully the favorite in this bout...but for me thats close to a pick'em.
Aerts IMO wont win this tourney...I remeber last year when he was very tired in the final against Schillt, even though he won his first fight in less than a half round...

At the end of the day, I dont have a solid opinion on who will win this tourney...

I think Slowinski and Choi will win the reserve fights...

Last edited:

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Zerwas, is this on tv anywhere? I love watching
K1 and would like to watch this. One of these days one of these guys will have trained in BJJ as well and bring it all to MMA(I know all of the ones that have tried but none are truely great in MMA) The kicks these guys use are brutal. I love watching kicks to the thighs, I can't imagine how much that starts hurting.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Hari is training for MMA, I think he could ko almost any MMA fighter who doesnt take him down very quick...

I think Eurosport shows a replay on the 26nd...

Kicks to the thighs are highly effective against guys who are not used to be kicked there...but against a trained kickboxer they usually mean shit.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

muhr

Forum Member
Jul 28, 2007
i just checked BOF and slowinski is +140. how they could have him as an underdog vs. manhoef is dumbfounding.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Hari is training for MMA, I think he could ko almost any MMA fighter who doesnt take him down very quick...

I think Eurosport shows a replay on the 26nd...

Kicks to the thighs are highly effective against guys who are not used to be kicked there...but against a trained kickboxer they usually mean shit.

I'm not sure about them meaning shit, I've seen many a fights in K1 where the fighter was totally taken out by leg kicks.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I took Karaev for a unit @+140, Zimmerman 1.5 units @-190 and Slowinksi @+125 for half a unit.

I also made a very small play on Zimmerman to win the tourney @+1300.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I'm not sure about them meaning shit, I've seen many a fights in K1 where the fighter was totally taken out by leg kicks.

yes, thats true, but IMO it usually happens against inferior opponents who do not have a background in kickboxing...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg