Kansas St - Lousiville w/analysis

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Louisville (3-0) ?14 at Kansas St. (3-0)

Here we have two undefeated teams going head to head in a first ever meeting. But that?s where the similarity ends. KSU looks overmatched in all phases here as closer scrutiny reveals some lopsided stats. KSU, although 3-0, barely beat an Ill.St (div.AA team) and were outgained 346-207 and scored no offensive TD?s. Coming back the next week, they beat Fla.-Atlantic, who hadn?t scored a TD all season.

KSU?s offensive will have a tough go at it trying to make yards against Louisville?s defense that is yielding only 1.4 yds per rush attempt and a meager 49% completion rate while getting 12 sacks on the year. Evridge is back at QB. He managed to throw for all of 6 TD?s last year, and 7 int?s. This year he?s tossed 4 TD?s, but is avg. only 6 yds per completion. While scoring will be a challenge for K St., defense looks even worse. Legendary coach Snyder is gone, and new coach Prince installed a new system. The defense has 8 starters returning, but from a team that went 5-6 and lost 5 in a row last year, while allowing an avg of 38 pts per game during that stretch. Special Team play for K. St is abysmal as well. They are avg. only 30 yds per punt and have given up 160 return yds in 3 games, so field position will favor the opponents.

Louisville on the other hand is coming off a ego boosting thumping of the Miami Hurricanes. The 3-headed monster at tailback for Louisville is rushing for over 6 yds. Per attempt. Hearlded RB Bush is out, but so what, Louisville has 5 RB?s who avg. over 5.8 yds. Per carry. Yes, starting QB Brohm is also out. So who comes in but Cantrell who is tossing completions at a rate of 81% over 3 games.

I?m mildly concerned about the backdoor cover here and that?s the only thing keeping me from unloading. Louisville could have a letdown after the big win last week, but they have a weak Mid. Tennessee team on deck, so this is a chance to see what backup QB Cantrell and the running game can do. In addition, they have lost their starting RB. The early line was ?9?, quickly went to -12? and now has settled at ?14 albeit ?115 (wsex). I see K. St hanging around in the early stages, but this will get ugly after halftime. Louisville has too many weapons and K. St will take a battering up front. Cantrell will surgically dissect the K. St secondary and this one goes to the visitor in Manhatten??..34 ? 10. 2 units

#cruncher

Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
New Orleans
I don't know how the game will go...but one thing for sure...you don't have to worry about Louisville letting up on anybody...that's just not their mentality!

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
I agree, cruncher, thanks....

note: K-State 6-5 jr. starting TE Rashad Norwood (team-leading 13 recs. so far TY!) has been suspended indefinitely following disorderly conduct charges.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Jayhawk_Thor

Rock Chalk
Forum Member
Dec 26, 2004
Lawrence, KS
Agree with your analysis... but have to wonder where you got your stats.

Evridge isnt back... he isnt even playing for them anymore... he left the program a few months back, transfered to Wisconsin. Dylan Meier is their starter... He is 44/81, for 544 yards, 3 TD's, 3 picks.

I'm on Lousivlle as well. GL to us.

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Agree with your analysis... but have to wonder where you got your stats.

Evridge isnt back... he isnt even playing for them anymore... he left the program a few months back, transfered to Wisconsin. Dylan Meier is their starter... He is 44/81, for 544 yards, 3 TD's, 3 picks.

Yeah, I knew that. I had too many notes open at the same time when I wrote the writeup. Freshman QB Meier isn't a step down either, although his inexperience will be evident. Thanks, Jayhawk, for pointing out my error.

My analysis will not change, but I'll proof read before I post in a rush.