Keyshawn Johnson is done at Tampa Bay...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Stuman

Banned
Forum Member
Nov 5, 2002
Memphrica, Tennessee
In the latest shocking development from a championship team gone awry, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have deactivated former All-Pro wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson for the rest of the season, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

According to Pasquarelli, Johnson has been told that he is excused from all team-related functions and that he will be inactive for the Buccaneers' six remaining games. Sources close to Johnson said they believe the move is a prelude to an eventual trade that would have to take place after the season. The NFL trading deadline for 2003 passed in October.

Buccaneers general manager Rich McKay has scheduled a news conference for 4 p.m. ET.

Although the team has not yet released an official reason for the move, Johnson had openly complained in recent weeks about not getting enough passes thrown his way and his on-again, off-again relationship with Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden is well documented.

Speaking with ESPN's Shelley Smith, Johnson reiterated his relationship problems with his coach, but expressed surprise at the Bucs' decision.

"Honestly, I'm very disappointed because I really wanted to win another championship with this team," he said. "I was never Gruden's guy. He never liked me. I told him I'd rather retire than play for him in 2004. But I also told him I wouldn't be a distraction, I wouldn't go to the media with it and I didn't. I don't know why they released me. I was playing hard, I wasn't dogging it. Tell everyone I'm in New York looking for apartments."

An eight-year veteran and the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 NFL draft, Johnson has 45 catches for 600 yards and three touchdowns this season -- his fourth in Tampa Bay after starting his career with the New York Jets. For his career, Johnson has 603 catches for 7,936 yards and 48 touchdowns.

Johnson is midway through a $56 million contract he signed in 2000 that included a $13 million signing bonus.

:nooo:

Master Capper

Emperior
Forum Member
Jan 12, 2002
Dunedin, Florida
I am surprised he lasted this long, the guy is a first class moron. He did the same $hit when he was with the Jets, I am sure someone will take him on next year and he will continue to cry.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ajoytoy

carpe vitam
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2003
(919)
sports radio also said that he put his house on the market last week..his ego is wayyyyyy to high:nono:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

HighRoller

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2002
This BIG MOUTH OVERPAID LOSER

This BIG MOUTH OVERPAID LOSER

He was loser in NY a loser in TB and a big mouth cry baby period.

This asshole does not deserve a god damn penny from any team !

It makes me sick all of these overpaid scumbags make millions and still cry like babies.

SCREW KJ I hope no one picks his sorry ass up....

(better not be the Dolphins).

chickenman

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Ft. Worth
I bet he ends up in Dallas next year.

As a cowboy fan I don't know how I would react if that happened. I can't stand him, but I couldn't stand Nick Van Exel when he was dealt here either. Grew to love and now miss Van Exel.

:shrug:

CM

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I think Keyshawn gets a bad wrap justly based on his previous attitude. I haven't seen him big mouthing anything in the last couple of seasons. He has performed as a dutiful receiver. His numbers are downfrom his Pro Bowl year, but he has Brad Johnson as a QB now.

I'm not saying the guy is an angel, but I think he has matured some in the last couple of years. I think his comments posted above allude to that. A couple of years ago, he would have been talking about how he didn't need that team, blah, blah, blah.

Just my .02

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
so that averages out to how many hundreds of thousands of dollars per week for sitting at home? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
He will probably end up on one of the football pre-game shows before some team offers him millions next year.

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
I agree with Chickenman

I agree with Chickenman

I bet he does end up in Dallas next year. I'm a Dallas fan too, and if there is one person who can handle him its Parcells. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a whiny little brat who I often picture with a rattler and a baby carriage. He did the same shit with the Jets as he's doing now in Tampa. Keyshawn is all about Keyshawn and you can tell that if you read his book "Just give me the damn ball". I just hope he changes if he goes to dallas, nobody likes a crybaby.

kneifl:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Felonious Monk

Site Owner
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2001
Austin, TX
"...and if there is one person who can handle him its Parcells. He did the same shit with the Jets"

That's statement's a tad contradicting since it was in fact Parcells who coached him with the Jets. So if he couldn't handle him then, why should he be able to now?

The Cowboys are fine at the WR position. Besides that, they would have to make room under the salary cap just to squeeze him in and that would perhaps mean getting rid of one of our current receivers. Fuhk that. Why ruin the team chemistry and bring in a locker room parasite with an inflated ego?

He's a joke. I caught bits on ESPN and Best Damn with some interviews. He's like "who me? I have always done everything 100%, I am a great WR." Uhh Keyshawn, if you don't show to meetings and workouts, miss team planes etc. you are not giving 100%. Not what the Cowboys need.

Iminforabuck

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
Canton, Ohio
chickenman said:
I bet he ends up in Dallas next year.

As a cowboy fan I don't know how I would react if that happened.

CM

He said last night on ESPN that there is no way he will play for Parcells again....so I would imagine you are safe as long as the Tuna stays here

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg