kma

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

KMA

Forum Member
May 25, 2003
On the one hand, I do not believe your problem is because of lack of disk space, although it could very well be. If your system is more than 50 or 60% full then Win ME may be trying to unsuccessfully trying to compress some already compressed files, and it will run into some major SNAFU's within its runtime modules.

On the other hand, it is possible that since you ran your last system restore or the backup sequence, you have added a device driver for a component which is not supported, i.e., is not compatible with InstallSHield version 6.1 or later. Microsoft says "This behavior is by design." Which means that they are literally thumbing their nose at you.

Check out this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;250231&Product=winme

I wish I could have brought you more positive results.On the positive side, though, I have this to offer you. It is entirely possible that your hard disk may have outgrown the session limit for your system restore. Now this is easily dealt with, subject to availability of space on your disk (translation: that you ahve a large enough disk!!!)

To resolve this issue, lower the System Restore file storage limit. For example, you can lower it to the minimum of 200 megabytes (MB). To do this, follow these steps:

Click Start.
Go to Settings.
Then Click Control Panel.

In Control Panel:
Double-click System.

In the System Properties dialog box:
Click File System on the Performance tab.

On the Hard Disk tab:
Drag the System Restore disk space use slider to the amount that you want (or drag it to the Min setting of 200 MB).

Click Apply
Click OK.
Click Close
Then click Yes to restart the computer.

System Restore now uses hard disk space up to the amount that you selected for the storage of restore points before it overwrites old restore points with new information.

Good luck!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mrshoes

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
pittsburgh pa
kma

thanx for your response

I decided to call the mfg of emachines

they gave me instructions to use the restore disc and it is now up and running

thanx again