KOSAR: What do you mean Iran wants Bush?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
KOSAR: "IRAN WANTS BUSH"

This is news to me. Is this another cut-n-paste job from some liberal news outlet?

Why would Iran want Bush when Kerry mentioned during the debates that he would like the United States to start sending them enriched uranium?

Last edited:

Clem D

Mad Pisser
Forum Member
May 26, 2004
Long Branch NJ
Associated Press had it yesterday.

Iran endorses Bush for president

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - The head of Iran's security council said Tuesday the re-election of President George W. Bush would be in Tehran's best interests, despite the administration's axis of evil label, accusations Iran harbours al-Qaida terrorists and threats of sanctions over the country's nuclear ambitions.

Historically, Democrats have harmed Iran more than Republicans, said Hasan Rowhani, head of the Supreme National Security Council, Iran's top security decision-making body.

"We haven't seen anything good from Democrats," Rowhani told state-run television in remarks that, for the first time in recent decades, saw Iran openly supporting one U.S. presidential candidate over another.

Though Iran generally does not publicly wade into U.S. presidential politics, it has a history of preferring Republicans over Democrats, who tend to press human rights issues.

"We do not desire to see Democrats take over," Rowhani said when asked if Iran is supporting Democratic Senator John Kerry against Bush.

The Bush campaign said "No thanks."

"It's not an endorsement we'll be accepting anytime soon," Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel said.

"Iran should stop its pursuit of nuclear weapons and if they continue in the direction they are going, then we will have to look at what additional action may need to be taken including looking to the UN Security Council."

Kerry, who said halting nuclear proliferation will be a priority if he becomes president, believes Bush should have done more diplomatically to curb Iran's alleged nuclear weapons ambitions. He said Iran should be offered nuclear fuel for peaceful purposes but spent fuel should be taken back so it cannot be used to develop nuclear weapons.

"It is telling that this president has received the endorsement of member of the axis of evil," Kerry campaign spokeswoman Allison Dobson said.

"But Americans deserve a president who will have a comprehensive strategy to address the potential threat of Iran's growing nuclear program."

The United States severed diplomatic relations with Iran after militants stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days. Iranian clerics were crucial in determining the fate of the 1980 U.S. election when Republican Ronald Reagan won in part because Democratic incumbent Jimmy Carter was unable to secure the hostages' release.

The hostages were freed as Reagan was inaugurated.

The United States supported Iraq in the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war but by the late 1990s, U.S.-Iranian relations were somewhat better. They plummetted again after Bush accused Iran of being part of the "axis of evil" with North Korea and pre-war Iraq.

The Bush administration also accuses Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons and sheltering operatives of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida terror network. Still, Iran was happy to see Bush destroy two big regional enemies - the Taliban in Afghanistan and Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

Iranian political analyst Mohsen Mofidi said ousting the Taliban and Saddam was the "biggest service any administration could have done for Iran."

And Bush, he said, has learned from his mistakes.

"The experience of two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and the responsibility Bush had will make it a very remote possibility for him to risk attacking a much bigger and more powerful country like Iran," he said.

Mofidi added: "Democrats usually insist on human rights and they will have more excuses to pressure Iran."

Republican and Democratic presidents have issued executive orders against Iran, with Reagan in 1987 barring Iranian crude oil and other imports, and Bill Clinton in 1995 banning U.S. trade and investment in Iran.

"We should not forget that most sanctions and economic pressures were imposed on Iran during the time of Clinton," Rowhani said.

"And we should not forget that during Bush's era - despite his hard-line and baseless rhetoric against Iran - he didn't take, in practical terms, any dangerous action against Iran."

Bush has been reluctant to offer Iran any incentives for better U.S.-Iranian relations but in recent days, there have been signs Washington will back European economic incentives if Iran stops uranium enrichment activities.

Gholamreza Aghazadeh, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, was quoted by state-run television Tuesday saying Iran is interested in buying nuclear fuel from the West but will not concede its right to the technology.

The nuclear issue has been most sensitive and the Bush administration is threatening to press for sanctions against Iran over it. Tehran said its nuclear ambitions are peaceful, for energy purposes.

Kavoos Emami, another Iranian political analyst, praised Kerry for mentioning the need for dialogue with Iran and said the Democrat would be better for Iran.

"Bush has insulted Iran more than any other U.S. administration. If Kerry is elected, a U.S. military attack against Iran will never happen or will be a very remote possibility," he said.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
Anyone think that Manson's going to come back with an article that says. Iran defense ministers that read want Bush and Iran defense ministers that watch TV want Kerry.

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Yeah I will gladly respond....why would Iran prefer Bush as president when John Kerry said he wants the U.S. to start providing them with enriched uranium? Why won't anyone answer this?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
"And we should not forget that during Bush's era - despite his hard-line and baseless rhetoric against Iran - he didn't take, in practical terms, any dangerous action against Iran."

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
And didn't that article say "If Kerry is elected, a U.S. military attack against Iran will never happen or will be a very remote possibility"? Do you just conveniently, selectively read certain things you want to hear?

So why wouldn't Iran prefer Kerry as the U.S. President?
The article makes no sense and contradicts itself. If you want to think of it as gospel that's your problem. You liberals believe anything the liberal media says.

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Kosar should we start looking at what the current administration is doing about Iran? Should we open up a new thread? You will be sadly surprised.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
CHARLESMANSON said:
And didn't that article say "If Kerry is elected, a U.S. military attack against Iran will never happen or will be a very remote possibility"? Do you just conveniently, selectively read certain things you want to hear?

So why wouldn't Iran prefer Kerry as the U.S. President?
The article makes no sense and contradicts itself. If you want to think of it as gospel that's your problem. You liberals believe anything the liberal media says.

I'll assume that you're not playing dumb, but actually it says that about Bush, not Kerry.

"The experience of two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and the responsibility Bush had will make it a very remote possibility for him to risk attacking a much bigger and more powerful country like Iran," he said.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
The quote I referenced is in line with what the head of Irans security council is saying. IE...Endorsing Bush.

Simple question, Manson: Does this article contain unambiguous quotes from the Iranian government that show that they endorse Bush?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Why is the article gospel? Just because it's writen does that make it true?? Why couldn't you answer my questions??? You expect me to answer yours?
You liberals believe everything the elite liberal media tells you. You only picked out certain things out of the article that you wanted to hear.
You're asking me my opinion I think the article is B.S.

I like how you tried to tell me the article didn't say....

"If Kerry is elected, a U.S. military attack against Iran will never happen or will be a very remote possibility," he said."

How can you lie when it's right there in black and white? Didn't you say this article was acurate?

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Honestly, I missed that at the very end, but the point of the article is that the Iranian government backs Bush, regardless of what some political analyst thinks.

Are you saying that those quotes from the head security guy were made up?

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Clem D said:
Historically, Democrats have harmed Iran more than Republicans.

OK since you want to mindfawk this article to death lets break down the facts............let's start with the above statement. You want to start or should I?

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
The author was named in the thread that Bobby started about this. It was arab sounding, so i'm sure you'll discount it. The AP doesn't mean anything when it comes to credibility to you, I guess.

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
btw you're listening to quotes from an IRANIAN MUSLIM OFFICIAL...A TERRORIST!!....you gonna believe what this guy says? You're fried! lol

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
CHARLESMANSON said:
OK since you want to mindfawk this article to death lets break down the facts............let's start with the above statement. You want to start or should I?

That's the guys opinion. What is there to debate? If you have a problem with it, or if you want to change his mind, send him an email.

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Oh so now this stuff is only an opinion???
UNREAL!!!

Kosar - Why did you listen to an Iranian Official's opinion and believe it and then start a whole thread out of it?

You asked me personally to comment on the article and when I start punching holes in it, you tell me it's only an opinion!! and that I should email the journalist who wrote it?!!!!

:142lmao:

Last edited: