L.A bench Vs Detroit bench Prop.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Oak3

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2002
Wisconsin
Any Opinions? All I hear about is how L.A. is not getting any help from their subs. But in the first 4 games they have out scored the detroit bench in 3 out of the first 4 games , and the last 3 in a row. The line tonight is Det non-starters -2-. Any thoughts?

Oak3

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2002
Wisconsin
L.A 27 Det 19 Well LA bench won again ,that made it 4 out of five. Its funny how the press kept saying that the Lakers are getting no help from the bench and the reality is that they were getting more than Detroit was. Funny how that seems to happen a lot in this gambling biz.

gecko

Senior Lurker
Forum Member
Dec 7, 2001
parts unknown
Interesting observations. I guess the media does feed us some misinformation.

But it begs two questions:

1. Just how effective was Detroit's bench play? Look at it THIS way, points aren't everything. Billups, Hamilton and Rasheed were the go to guys. But Larry Brown rotated his lineup effectively more for ball movement and defensive purposes. So the bench guys he had in there (i.e. James, Hunter, Campbell, Okur) weren't there to score.

2. More importantly, the Lakers' bench PLAYED MORE MINUTES than Detroit's in the Finals. After all, who are the Lakers going to rely on to score? With the exception of Game 2, the Pistons have outscored L.A. in every game--THREE TIMES with double digit wins, no less. That means the majority of the Lakers' points (sans Kobe and Shaq) HAVE to come from the bench (yes, even garbage time points count). And that means L.A.'s bench would have a lot more FG attempts, thus more chances to score.

Just look at this record of FG attempts by the Lakers' bench vs. Detroit's in each game:

1 -- LA 12 , Det 13
2 -- LA 14 , Det 10
3 -- LA 28 , Det 17
4 -- LA 17 , Det 7
5 -- LA 22 , Det 17

So in this series, the Lakers' bench has 29 more FG attempts than Detroit's!

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg