Lame Duck Coaches/Coordinators

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Seems like there are alot of Bowl teams playing with coaches who are leaving or cooridinators who are leaving/left. Anybody have any trends on how these teams tend to do versus the spread?

Florida, Utah, ND, maybe USC? (Chow), maybe Pitt? (Harris), come to mind right off the bat.

Recent history tells me it's caused problems and upsets - Coordinators Richt leaving FSU, Stoops leaving OU off the top of my head come to mind.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
i know harris has been on shaky ground in the past, but my god i hope he would get at least one more year after rallying his group to a bcs berth.

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
a team with out a coach or one leaving makes for problems for that team more then not, and if a asst is coaching team it is even more trouble they try and change things to prove they can coach and in 30 days or less that can be a disaster

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Gman, I would think they should be begging Walt to return, but I read he's talking w/Stanford. Don't know why he would leave Pit for Stanford - makes no sense, but maybe not happy about how he was treated. No real idea how legit that story was. Chow and Harris are the two names I have heard regarding Stanford.

Utah could be a disaster - losing Head Coach, lost Off Coordinator already, D Coordinator moving to head coach. Meyer will coach but hanging out at UF b-ball games talking about making people gator bait has gotta make you wonder how distracted he is.

flapjack

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2004
O'Brien from BC supposedly is finalizing a deal that will send him to UW according to local radio here in the Northwest.