Large Big Ten Play Sat 10/15

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Love them in this spot, very good sized play.

OSU -6'

Leans:

Mich -3 (waiting to hear on an injury to Englemon)
ND Over 69 (wait for weather report)

Stabler-12

Forum Member
Sep 21, 2005
Ive been really focused on watching Big 10 games and I think its more interesting and competitive then any pro sport. I watched the ND MSU game and was really impressed with MSU QB Stanton.
I guess the big factor here is that OSU is the home team and they are coming off a loss. The 6 points seems big to me but thats probably what the book wants me to think. Any thoughts or insights appreciated.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Both safeties Englemon and Barringer are out for Michigan. OL is very banged up. Lots of transfer talk in Ann Arbor. Not playing Michigan this week even though I think this is a great week to fade Penn State. However, I see UM struggling through the next few outings and finally get healthy for OSU. Could be some value on my boy at that time.

Still waiting on weather for ND.

Still feel very confident in OSU. Ginn and Holmes are licking their chops.

Dicky V

Cash Me In
Forum Member
Dec 26, 2004
National City, CA
Whats happening C? Have a question regarding the Wynn. How was the book and the resort overall in your opinion thinking about taking the old lady for turkey day weekend?

BuffaloBill

Forum Member
Aug 15, 2004
CWood,

Even though I think Michigan is pathetic, something is telling me that they are going to win this week.

They are coming off the loss, and Penn St. is coming off two huge wins.

I don't think that they can put another one together on the road.

I am playing Michigan for a good size this week, although I will be cringing as I press the place bets button.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Dicky V said:
Whats happening C? Have a question regarding the Wynn. How was the book and the resort overall in your opinion thinking about taking the old lady for turkey day weekend?

Had a great time and Wynn is a beautiful place, but it isn't without negatives. Quick rundown:

1) Book is Ok, not much seating in actual book, I sat in adjacent lounge. two of three big screens are dedicated to horses which I couldn't give two shits about. Do not expect to be comped anything. I staked over 10 grand in the book over the weekend and couldn't get comped a pack of smokes in the lounge area. Drinks are free in book booths I think. Sports book play is not rated on red card.
2) Restaraunts and room service were the best I've had in vegas in 5 trips. I reccomend the Country Club, excellent steak and seafood place, great food and awesome service.
3) Their main night club in the hotel sucks (forget the name). On a side note I highly recommend bottle service at Foundation Room at Mandalay if you are into that scene.
4) Golf course looks awesome, was planning on playing it Sunday morning before I woke up face first on the floor with an empty liter of bourbon in hand. $500 a round, but it looks worth it.
5) Rooms are incredible, high def TV and feed, beds are comfy.

Overall, I would recommend it. My wife and I were impressed, but just make sure you bring a lot of cash.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
BuffaloBill said:
CWood,

Even though I think Michigan is pathetic, something is telling me that they are going to win this week.

They are coming off the loss, and Penn St. is coming off two huge wins.

I don't think that they can put another one together on the road.

I am playing Michigan for a good size this week, although I will be cringing as I press the place bets button.

Lets me make one thing perfectly clear, Michigan is not "pathetic". They are going to be up and down all year because of 1) youth and 2) injuries. To begin with 8 of the 10 most talented players on this team are frosh or sophs, not a good recipe when you factor in 5 players on the OL missing significant time. Not to mention losing Hart for 2 games, Arrington for the season, Mundy for the season, Biggs for the season, Jake Long for the season, etc etc etc.

This is a very talented team that could very well turn things around this week, for that reason I like your play. However, UM is down to its preseason depth chart 4th and 5th safety Saturday, and for that reason I will stay away this week.

GL.

Dicky V

Cash Me In
Forum Member
Dec 26, 2004
National City, CA
Thanks for the rundown C. Nice

Thanks for the rundown C. Nice

:grins:
CWood97 said:
Had a great time and Wynn is a beautiful place, but it isn't without negatives. Quick rundown:

1) Book is Ok, not much seating in actual book, I sat in adjacent lounge. two of three big screens are dedicated to horses which I couldn't give two shits about. Do not expect to be comped anything. I staked over 10 grand in the book over the weekend and couldn't get comped a pack of smokes in the lounge area. Drinks are free in book booths I think. Sports book play is not rated on red card.
2) Restaraunts and room service were the best I've had in vegas in 5 trips. I reccomend the Country Club, excellent steak and seafood place, great food and awesome service.
3) Their main night club in the hotel sucks (forget the name). On a side note I highly recommend bottle service at Foundation Room at Mandalay if you are into that scene.
4) Golf course looks awesome, was planning on playing it Sunday morning before I woke up face first on the floor with an empty liter of bourbon in hand. $500 a round, but it looks worth it.
5) Rooms are incredible, high def TV and feed, beds are comfy.

Overall, I would recommend it. My wife and I were impressed, but just make sure you bring a lot of cash.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bobmac

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
CWood,I'm heading to the game on Saturday from Pa. Where's the best place to tailgate, I heard the high school lot is a good spot. I'll be there about 9:00 am. I'm looking at 3 different weather reports and getting 3 different forcasts. I appreciate any help you can provide and always look forward to your posts. :thumb: :mj14:

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Bobmac,

Here is THE spot if it is open:

http://www.aagoc.org/ (click on football parking)

However, listen to 760AM on the way in, they may close it if its raining. The high school lot is also a good choice, but it will fill up very quick if the golf courses are closed, so get there early.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bobmac

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
CWood97 said:
Bobmac,

Here is THE spot if it is open:

http://www.aagoc.org/ (click on football parking)

However, listen to 760AM on the way in, they may close it if its raining. The high school lot is also a good choice, but it will fill up very quick if the golf courses are closed, so get there early.

Thanks, CWood, I really appreciate the info. Good luck on your plays.

jeff85eagles

Registered
Forum Member
Dec 28, 2004
you must be a crack smoker michigan

you must be a crack smoker michigan

you think there 3-3 because ther good you must think penn st at 6-0 is lucky i wish i was your bookie wrong side

redsfann

ale connoisseur
Forum Member
Aug 3, 1999
Somewhere in Corn Country
Bobmac--

As a visitor to Ann Arbor to see my Hawkeyes play the Wolverines, I highly recommend parking at the golf course if it is open.
We had a great time; there were lots of Iowa fans and can't speak about the others experience, but we were treated very well by the Michigan fans and they party almost as hard as us Iowa fans...LOL.

A heads up on parking there: it is pricy. I want to say 35 dollars a car if memory serves, but I tend to drink a lot at football games, so I might be off a bit...:mj07:

duh....
you go to the link that Cwood provided, and it tells you that its 40 a car...LOL

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bobmac

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
Thanks Reds, really looking forward to this trip. Now calling for sunny skies and a high of 65 :spotting: :drinky: :toast: . We're rolling out 4am Friday, staying in Toledo.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
jeff85eagles said:
you think there 3-3 because ther good you must think penn st at 6-0 is lucky i wish i was your bookie wrong side

Thank you very little for your input.