Las Vegas Bowl Pick>.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Joe De

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2002
I've looked again and upon further analysis i think Oregon State has the edge.

Both teams have aleast 1 excellent running back, each will try and stop the run to no avail, which 5 or 6 field goals will be generated and 5 or 6 touchdowns.

New Mexico has a the better defense to slow the running game down, but can't stop the pass. That's evident in the games played against Utah (gave up 35 pts), Unlv(gave up 37pts),Colorado St.(gave up 34 pts), and Texas Tech(42 pts).

N.Mexico has covered ATS as a dog 4 out of 5 times. Impressive!. This is why the we're seeing the line drop. Many cappers lean to defense winning close games.

Oregon State has the better quarterback and will be a bit more flexible if the the running game is slowed downed or stopped. I believe N. Mexico will have problems adjusting.
Also if State gets up quick by 10 points, N. Mex will have to throw the ball and draw off the running game which their not as proficient.

One other point that makes me lean to Oregon St. They played USC for 3 strong quarters and the rack up 28 points against one the nations top defenses. The 3 major turnovers cost them aleast 10 points in that game

I'm waiting for the line to move downward on Oregon State to 1'.

Will use several options to play:

Oregon State +4' and the over 46 ..6 pt. teaser
Oregon State -2 or 1'
Oregon St. +4' and Texas -3'
Oregon St. +4' and West Virginia and any points available
Oregon St. +4' and the Over 48' or 49 in the Bowling Green game

gl