Law's Pick 'O the Day-August 7

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

thelawguy

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2002
Los Angeles area
I sorta feel like the Dodgers...on a major slide.

Yesterday 1-1 on sides -2.2 Units
2-2 on 4 team parlay -1.0 Unit

YTD 32-18-1 -28.18 Units Yikes.

Like some chalk plays today so going with a 4-teamer:

NYY -340
Seattle -240
Dodgers -180
St. Louis -150

Risking 2 Units to make 7.5 Units

Here's the scoop:

Seattle v. Toronto: Seattle came on strong yesterday after being down about 100 runs. There is no giving up with these guys and they are dangerous hitters. Pineiro has had a good year--going 11-4 with a very respectable 3.22 ERA. He allowed only 2 runs in 7 inn. earlier this year at Skydome. Loaiza, on the other hand, is 4-6 with a 5.57 ERA and in 5 starts against the Mariners, he has been shelled--sporting a 9.00 ERA. Everything points to an easy Seattle victory here.

NYY v. K.C.: Hmmm....another huge upset? Don't think so. Let's face it--first off these teams are not evenly matched. The Yankees did not show their fire power yesterday, but should rebound nicely with the Rocket back on the mound. Should also give them an emotional lift. Looking at the numbers--its all NY: Clemens is a outstanding 6-0 at hom ethis year with a scant 2.29 ERA. Against K.C. lifetime---16-6 with a 1.98 ERA in 29 career appearances vs. the Royals! Suppan is going in the other direction. In his last three starts, 0-3 with a 6.38 ERA. Moreover, against the Yankees in his career, 0-2 with a 6.00 ERA. Suppan on the road is awful--
1-8 record with a 5.62 ERA in 13 starts. Suppan gets hit hard and Clemens shines in his first start bak after rehab on the groin.

St. Louis v. Montreal: Simontacchi has never faced the Expos and has encountered a little bump in the road lately. He will have the home crowd today and his record is still decent at 7-3 with a 4.25 ERA. Montreal is not a good road team, and despite yesterday's hammering, I don't see a repeat with Ohka on the mound. He is 1-2 with a 6.92 ERA vs. St. Louis. That should be just what the doctor ordered to get the Cards back on track and out of this losing streak.

Los Angeles Chokers vs. Pit: I almost hate backing the Dodgers as much as the Cubs. But, here, I am compelled to do so. Why? First, the Dodgers can't keep losing at this rate, right? Well, maybe they can. But today they face Meadows who has not been able to figure out the Dodgers--going 2-4 with a 7.16 ERA in 6 starts against them. Ashby has been a puzzle....he says he's "thinking" too much about his pitching and release. OK, stop thinking you moron and throw the ball...you are good, just convince yourself. He is 7-6 with a nice 2.93 ERA in 17 career appearances vs. Pit and lately has shown signs of vast improvement on his psychological problems by allowing only 2 runs in his last two starts over 13 inn. Pit has been struggling and so have the Dodgers, but the Dodgers get the edge at home, with Ashby and needing desperately to keep pace with their western rivals. Dodgers don't make this one easy, but get the victory.

MOJO working early for 4-0 day!
;) ;)

thelawguy

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2002
Los Angeles area
Adding some late MOJO for Seattle....come on guys 3-3 in 8th...remember last night? This should be easy. :shrug:

St. Louis MOJO.....Sim, dude, just gotta hold 'em now. Let your guys slap 3 runs on the board to win 3-2. :D :D

thelawguy

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2002
Los Angeles area
Thanks Seattle for coming through in clutch. NY--not a big surprise. LA will probably hold off Pit 1-0 or 2-1...if anyone ever scores in that game. So I will be looking at going 3 for 4 and losing once again. :confused:

As for St. Louis....they are just absolutely stinkin' the place up. They can not score to save their lives. Man on third earlier...NO OUTS....NO RUNS. Pathetic. They may lose 20 in a row. Of course, I will stop betting them now and they will go on a tear....go figure.

Maybe a major stoke of luck in bottom of ninth....like the other day...with a 6 run rally....not over till the fat lady sings...ah...do I hear something???

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg