Leafs vs Lightning writeup

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Been busy lately but have been playing. Weird thing is that posting my plays seem to jinx me as I do better without posting (other than POD thread). So I'm gonna try something different here and just post a couple of writeups for info sake.

Toronto @ Tampa Bay
Toronto won last nite against the Panthers and continue this Florida trip tonight against the Lightning. Here is Toronto's record in the sunny state of Florida for the last 3 seasons when playing both teams on same road trip:

12/30/00 at Florida W 4-1
12/31/00 at Tampa Bay W 3-2
03/15/01 at Tampa Bay W 3-2
03/17/01 at Florida W 5-3
12/20/99 at Florida W 6-4
12/21/99 at Tampa Bay W 4-2
01/12/98 at Tampa Bay, W 4-3
01/13/98 at Florida, T 3-3
02/2/98 at Tampa Bay, W 3-0
02/3/98 at Florida, L 2-5

Toronto has a great schedule this year with very few b2b games. This game will be the Leafs' first b2b of the season, so how they'll play on 0 day's rest is a ?

Cuju got a rest against Florida so I'm guessing that he'll start against TB. Schwab started in one other game this year and in the next game where Cujo returned, he shut out Pitts 4-0.

In the mire of a 6 goal losing streak, TB needed some luck and they got it in overtime against the Penguins last Sat. As fate would have it, they get 5 days rest before playing Toronto. I'd say that anything positive they got from that win is gone by now. TB's schedule is a different story they've already finished 4 and 5 game road trips to start the season

TB scored only 20 goals in last 10 games and avg'ing 1.88 per game for the year. Toronto has yet to lose a game in which the opposition has only scored 2 or less.

TB coach John Tortella is going to mix things up against the Leafs by going to basically a 3 line rotation in an effort to spark the offense and create more speed. Tortorella said he is still experimenting, but the lines seem to be Brad Richards between Fredrik Modin and Martin St. Louis; Vinny Lecavalier between Jimmie Olvestad and Ben Clymer; and Vinny Prospal between Holzinger and Juha Ylonen.
The extra forwards are Taylor, Dave Andreychuk, Matthew Barnaby and Gordie Dwyer, who was just recalled from AHL Springfield. They will get turns on specialty units like the penalty kill and to offer a defensive boost. Andreychuk and Barnaby also will get some time on the power play.

o/u is 0-4-1 L5 and 4-5-1 L10 in series
Tor is 7-2-1 SU and 7-3 ATS in series

glta

Bet on MyBookie