LEAFZ IN 6.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
I've got LEAFZ in 6, anyone wanna comment?

biggrin.gif

Forum Member
sorry but i disagree...

I would say Ottawa in 5 maybe 6 but no more.... Revenge year for Ottawa and Toronto hasn't been the same since Lindros story... I've put more than a dime on it so i guess i am non objective
tongue.gif

Anyhow good luck to you Toronto vigilante but i will cheers for the sens!
smile.gif

EXTRAPOLATER

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Toronto
Geez, man...
I need to see the first game before I can be at all optimistic of this.
I'd like to see the Leafs finally win the cup, but they've played brutal for...for what?....the last 3 months or so?

Cujo, Sundin, and Roberts can't do it all.
There will be some Leaf backers for game 1, in Ottawa, so I'd say the first goal by the Leafs would be mega-HUGE.

Problem is, Leafs can never seem to score the first goal anymore. Come to think of it, they can't score in the 1st period anymore.

I hope you're right.
I'll take it.

How about this Dallas/Edmonton game, aye? Pretty good one. My bet (at -1.5) is toast, but I'm up a tiny + for tonights NHL due to Buffalo and the under, so what the hell. Not that bad a call, actually: Dallas has had several good chances; hit posts, Modano getting dumped in front, etc.

Oops...overtime is starting...catch ya later!
Ex.

Gorki

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Hey TV,
isn't one of the 1st rule of betting "don't bet on your favourite team, emotions may blind you".
I like your picks usually, but not this one.
Good luck!

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas
Leafs have not impressed down the stretch, but I like the Leafs' chances here. I don't trust the untested Lalime (look at Cechmanek's first playoff game last night), and I just don't think the Senators know what it takes to win in the playoffs. Leafs haven't been going deep into the playoffs, but at least they've proven capable of winning one series -- and beating these same Sens. Sens have one player with more than 32 games of playoff experience. Leafs have questions on defense, but those questions don't justify making the Leafs this much of a dog.

I also like the Leafs in 6.

[This message has been edited by mw (edited 04-12-2001).]

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
TV, Ice Pick...

I'm celebrating Down Under too. This leafs fan combined head and heart for a Leafs +200 ML play hedged with the under.

Cha-ching $$$ - and the bonus of the Leafs going one up in the series
biggrin.gif

EXTRAPOLATER

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2001
Toronto
Congrats to all Leaf backers tonight!
( $cha-ching-cha-ching$)

As for "don't bet on your favorite (favourite in Canada) team", all I can say is that such a generalization would be useless.
The important thing is to have knowledge that one's bias may screw with their judgement, and consider alternative arguments appropriately.

I, for one, am very careful when I handicap games where my team is playing (really only Leafs & Jays -- Raptors is just kinda a "bandwagon" thing come the playoffs). I always triple-check my thinking, and numbers, to see if my angles, judgement, and what have you might be blurred. Usually this seems to work, as my record betting on T.O. games is pretty solid.

I don't know...maybe I'm just crazy...
...wealthier...but, crazy...

Rock n' Roll!
Ex.

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
Anders - nice double with the Under and side !! Did you parlay too? I used Sportodds - an Australian firm, but it doesnt offer over/under for games. Dont know why....

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
wow, lots of messages from this thread...sorry, just finished up all my Holy Week duties, mass, etc.
I like the Leafs to take game 2 tonite.
As for Gorki, I'm not emotional about the LEAFZ, although they are my team. I've watched them over many years and they have a tougher team this year than they have had over the last few years, they have more experience and as long as CUJO doesn't conk out on us, i stillsay LEAFZ in 6 because I don't see any leadership on that OTTAWA team (no offense)
Like i said before ( I think it was the baseball forum...), when i bet on games I'm 99% intellectual and 1% emotion.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
and by the way, as long as it's not the NJ/CAROLINA series and the DETROIT/LA series watch out for those -1.5 spreads...
I said that EDMONTON is gonna throw EVERYTHING at DALLAS, even their bodies at Belfour....I'm also a bit sad about the VANCOUVER choke in game 1 in the last two minutes of play...how the hell do you let a guy in for a breakaway in a playoff game, TIED, with 2 minutes left????

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Man, do I ever 2nd that - about the only decent result I had all sporting weekend and I didn't have a cent on it. Sometimes it's just nice to cheer on "your" team and not worry about spreads, totals and cash
biggrin.gif

From Anders in Hamilton in NZ, working late at nite but lookin' good in his Maple Leafs shirt
smile.gif

Bet on MyBookie