Lebron

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
You know what makes players truly great???

Those that make their teammates look better than they really are. . . Lebron is already doing it. Win or lose, what a huge night for Cleveland.

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
Looks easy...game seems like it's in slow motion for him.

Biggest problem for him though is having Ricky Davis and Miles on the team. Cavs need to find a way to get rid of those two clowns who are not the type of players that promote winning basketball.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
just my opinion, but ricky davis is not the cancer he's made out to be. media kind of took some stuff and ran with it. hes guilty of wanting to win badly, and sometimes that leads to him blowing up. his attempt at the triple double vs the jazz was ridiuclous, but he actually had some very high assist totals in games last year. he was one of the few cavs who actually played hard every night and wanted to win during that abysmal season. im disgusted with darius miles. when the cavs traded andre miller for him, i was hyped. miles has so much potential but hes a bum right now. i cant keep making excuses for a guy who cant hit a jump shot and doesnt know a thing about help side defense and stuff like that. he's forever going to be a super athlete, not a basketball player

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
what a left hand!!

what a left hand!!

who's ever used it any better at such a young age ... man, i was nearly speechless, he is the real deal, Im sorry and Im not into premature superlatives being a coach, but holy moly Batman, gotta give the kid his due ... i pray he stays humble, seems like such a great kid ... Kobe can watch this kid take all his endorsements now ;)

gl top all
gregg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mjalam

Forum Member
Jan 30, 2003
Bay Area, CA
it was one game, don't jump on his sac so quick

i think he did well..but one game isn't gonna forecast his whole future...otherwise some of the other high schoolers shouldn't have turned out to be so good

no all

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2002
I thought james would score something like 17-18 points 4 rebounds:shrug:
but looked real mature and solid:D
happy 4 all u cavs fansdance2

thewinder

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2002
mjalam:

cannot agree more. YES, he looked good, but it's only ONE game. wait until he loses his 20th game out of 25 or 30 games, then we'll see how he plays AND reacts. i'm definitely not saying he won't play well, but that's when you know a player is a player. i wish the kid well. some may say it would be great to be in his shoes, but i may beg to differ. lotta pressure being someone that has been given the torch to save the league (again).

peace out.

ps. please say a prayer for all my friends in san diego that lost their homes in the wildfires. it's ugly down here.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hoops

Forum Member
Aug 10, 1999
mjalam- You can tell by the way he plays the game at his age he is going to be special. Unless he has a major injury during his career, and I hate to say this, but he is a 'sure thing'. The vision he has, the awareness...it's not something many players have ever had at his age.

Last night was the same old Ricky Davis. Cavs made a good run to get back into the ballgame, so Davis feels the need to start jacking-up shots left and right without running the offense, or letting James create. He can score and did have a nice assist total last year...still doesn't negate the terrible decisions he makes on the court.

doochuk

Forum Member
May 17, 2000
Oregon
DARIUS MILES WILL BE OUT OF THE LEAGUE IN 2 OR 3 YEARS....PLAYERS LIKE HIM ARE A DIME A DOZEN WHICH IS NOT A GOOD THING....JUST ANOTHER STREET BALLER THAT DOESN'T KNOW THE BASICS OF TEAM BALL AND FUNDAMENTALS...HE HAS NO PERIMETER GAME OR PASSING SKILLS.....AND RICKY DAVIS WELL HE DOES NOT IMPRESS ME WHATSOEVER.....I AGREE TOTALLY WITH "GMAN" COMMENT'S THAT THE CAVS WOULD BE MUCH BETTER WITHOUT THOSE 2.........

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
amen Hoops

amen Hoops

havent seen his likes since Larry/Magic

Kobe/TMac/KG play a whole diff style, this kid, like another Kidd, just elevates his mates and that, to me as an XPG and current coach, makes him special

gl, gregg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nickelback

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Southwest
Something else is how creative the guy is and unselfish. . . he looks to pass first and shoot second. Noticed the same thing during his high school games. I also thought it was incredible how dissapointed he was that the Cavs lost the game. . . here he had a huge night yet he wasn't happy and felt he could have done more! I think he's very pure and the guy wants his team to win and not just himself. Gotta like him.