Let the beating continue!!

hobbs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2002
On fire, period. A rocking 1-5 day yesterday brings me to a scorching 3-15 on the year.... whoa hot hot hot!!! Do I need to say tread lightly???

Hope you all are doing much better than myself. A friend emailed me and asked if I was going to post on their site like last year. I let him know of my record. Not sure if he will email me back now... WHOA!

Good luck guys...

Zags -10.5.... I LOVE DICK bennett. But I love Mark Few too. Unfortunately Zags coming off a loss. They are ready for the cougs. They WILL NOT over look this scrappy team. Zags too much talent all around. Hope Ravio fights through ok.

Gtown +7.5.... Illinois always a nightmare at home. Gtown has something special going this year I think. Like Illinois they move the ball well, JT jr. done good!

Austin Peay-12... home team nod

Murray st -9.5... see above

Tenn Tech -6... just flat out better.

Man I hope things turn around today. Good luck guys!!

Hobbs

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Hobbs,

You went 2-3 and should have gone 3-2 except Austin Peay screwed you. Please keep the plays coming as I feel a hot steak in the near future. :clap: :em71:

hobbs

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2002
Hi

Hi

Thanks for the support D!!

I have had a rough run. But still way to early to get emotional. I promise you will NEVER hear me give excuses for losses. Woulda coulda shoulda doesnt help me cap games.

Still, with every loss is a lesson, I try to take something positive out of every loss. Where were the mismatches? Unbalanced free throw or foul advantage? How about turnovers? Who had the hot hand? Was the weak link on the perimeter or in the paint defensively? Injuries? Which coach did a better job mentally preparing his team (which team came out stronger)? REBOUNDS!!!?? Who had an off night, who was the defensive stopper? Who do these teams play next and where? Where was the public money? (actually I dont care about that one so much, but good to check sometimes). If I had to bet it again would I? For example, I definitely would have played Iowa st. at home vs FSU... BUT I would NOT have taken Drake vs. them... basically Iowa st. matches up MUCH better with Drake... and the FSU game... well they just shot lights out!
At the time of the play on Drake I really felt their pressure would wear them down... AND that they are well accustomed to Iowa st. guard play, in the end though, some teams just OWN some teams.

I base my picks on several factors, first and foremost I focus on the coach, next is DEFENSE, then home court strength, after that are other factors but just regular stats.

So, I have had a bad run, not the first, wont be the last.

I think some of you out there REALLY MISINTERPRETED ME!!!!! I came out saying I "hammer" college hoops. MEANING>>> This is the sport I wager on mostly as accordance to my bankroll, thus the word "hammer" is meant as a word where I place most my bets!!! IT DOES NOT MEAN I AM THE BEST CAPPER AT COLLEGE HOOPS... It means its what I play the most. I also play NBA, Football, and even a little Hockey!

So the record stands at 5 wins and 18 lossess POSTING HERE. I stated last year I hit about a modest 54% and this year I want to get to 60%. That is MY GOAL. Last time I checked we got over 3 months left of hoops so we got time to start climbing the mountain.

I sincerely apologize to those of you who may think I am conceded the way I came to the forum. I promise I am not at all, I understand this is a tough racket, when my posts are poor, I do feel bad about it because we are in the same boat... making as much profit as we can on a regular basis wagering on sports. I also promise what I post, I definitely am playing.

Thanks guys so much for the support you have given me during this rough first week. I will continue to post as I have, doing the best I can to right the ship. If you have been fading me and winning... that is cool too!!

Finally, sincere thanks really. You guys are top notch in here I positively hope for you guys to have a great season this year!!

Best wishes and good luck guys!!!!

Hobbs

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
yep, you sure have to watch in forums how you say things .... it is really easy to get misunderstood or misquoted. take for instance the opening first few words on your Gonzaga pick :scared
... see? ...one must be careful how one expresses oneself in a "men's room".*

i've said it before, great to have you here Hobbs. gl with your next week of picks! you're right, the season IS early.

* (no offense to the ladies here, just a general consensus).

Dr. Fade

Colllector
Forum Member
Sep 29, 2005
Kansas City
The turnaround is coming. I can feel it slowly turning. I'm waiting for your next post. Keep the hammer bangin' It's early.

Bet on MyBookie