Min +240
NYY -300

BOS -150
OAK +130

CHI +110
ATL -130

FLA +180
SF - 220

Twinkies have lost 13 straight games to the Bronx Bombers so asking them to win 3 of 5, even though they just won 11 straight, is asking a lot. Twins awful vs LHP & game 1 starter M.Mussina is 20-2 lifetime vs. MIN & game 2 starter is 21-8 southpaw Andy Pettite, who is 52 games over .500 pitching at Yankee Stadium. Heavy chalk, but I'll lay it...NY Yankees -300

Pedro vs Hudson to open Sox-A's series and should decide series...if Pedro can lead sox to road win, A's in trouble without Mulder as Wakefield goes in game 2 & d.lowe in game 3 at fenway where is very effective..and Pedro again in game 4...not feeling "the curse" just yet...BOS -150

Cubbies will go as far as Wood, Zambrano, and Prior can take them...best ATL offense---EVER... r.furcal and m.giles replace guys like m.lemke and r.belliard up the middle..no easy outs...cubs have adv in starting pitching but M.Alou's thumb is ailing putting offensive pressure on Sammy..bullpen questions for cubbies as well with borowski to close vs reliable j.smoltz. ATL too much firepower...generous price as well for team with best record...ATL -130

Giants owned the Marlins this year but 3 wins by 1 run and 2 wins by 2 runs... FLA best record in baseball since manager J.McKeon took over...won't let bonds beat them...this one smells "fishy" to me...hook, line and sinker, I'll bite...FLA +180

Please post your thoughts and picks...must play before games kick off tomorrow!!:)

Good Luck with all your plays

Spotti Gotti

Last edited:

spottig

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2000
Tempe & Louisville
I'll use this to start thread of playoff picks. Series picks above.
Playoffs 0-0

9/30 NYY -190...A lot of chalk vs hot twinkies but c'mon...13 straight wins vs MIN for bombers and M.Mussina is 20-2 lifetime vs MIN:eek: Now thats getting it done. Moose effective this year as well --Mussina is 2-0 versus the Twins this year in two starts, allowing a combined three runs (two earned) on 11 hits with five walks and 16 strikeouts over 15 innings...Yanks are also an impressive 50-32 at the Stadium

FLA-SF OVER 7(+105) SF starter J.Schmidt is 4-0 in last 5 starts but last 4 have played OVER. FLA starter J.Beckett was 0-2 vs SF & just 2-5 with a 3.65 road ERA in 9 road starts with the last 2 going OVER. Throw in both shaky bullpens and this is a solid play;)

CHI-ATL OVER 8 (Even)...ATL is 55-26 at Turner Field with the OVER going 46-30...The OVER was 5-1 between these 2, with an average of 16.5 runs scored in Atlanta...CHI SP K.Wood is 8-3 in 14 road starts while ATL counters with 21-7 R.Ortiz. The OVER has cashed in 8 of Ortiz's last 9 starts as well:D

ATL -127(Ortiz vs Wood)...Wood 3-0 last 4 starts but has struggled vs ATL in career while Ortiz has 2 game winning streakand a playoff starter a year ago for Giants. Cubs 44-37 on the road while ATL 55-26 at home. Not an easy out in lineup for Wood(even Ortiz can hit). Public sentiment with cubbies but smart money backs the braves:cool:

Good luck all! The Playoffs are here...Take me out to the ballgame!

spotti