Limbaugh claims media racist against Rex Grossman

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
LMAO:com:

?and before we go to the break here, folks, I gotta get something off my chest. You know, the game was the game, and the game was what it was, but I can?t handle any more press criticism of Rex Grossman. They?re writing his name ?W-r-e-c-k-s,? saying he was the worst quarterback ever to play in the Super Bowl, and it?s been like this since the Green Bay game ? actually, since the Arizona game. There was a little crescendo of it in the Green Bay game, the last game of the season for the Bears, and it?s just unrelenting. They?re focusing on this guy like they don?t focus on anybody ? and I?ll tell you, I know what it is. The media, the sports media, has got social concerns that they are first and foremost interested in, and they?re dumping on this guy, Rex Grossman, for one reason, folks, and that?s because he is a white quarterback.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
i wouldnt use the word racist but i would say that the media had a complete hard on for his failures this year....never seen anything as amazing in my life.

tony romo, brett favre, hasselback, etc....are all championed as guys with "guts", "leaders", "winners", "guys who go for it" after their numerous turnovers this year and their int's are swept under the rug.

this guy is crucified for every mistake, people are amazed at ever completed pass, and amazed at every win the bears had and the team couldnt stop answering questions about benching him....FOR WHO....BRIAN FREAKING GRIESE....KYLE FKING ORTON?????

give the guy a break.....he's your typical first year starter, confused under pressure, didnt value the ball as much as he should have, didnt check out of bad plays......find me many other rookies who didnt do the same things in many of their first 25 starts.

he needs to get better and should get better but to hear morons calling for jake fking plummer, jeff garcia and david carr to come in as the bear qb next year is absolutely a JOKE.

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
I don't know why this is surprising. Rush makes his living making ignorant claims.

"This is just another example of the liberal media <insert croc of shit here>." I seriously can't believe he has an audience of more than a couple hundred people. Then again, if you are looking for political discussionon the radio, conservative shows are pretty much your only option unless you get Air America on satellite. Of course, that in itself makes no sense because the liberals control the media so why would there only be conservative options? Seems kind of hypocrytical......but then again, I hate America.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
I think maybe he's just being cocky for being nominated for the for the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize for 07 like his buddy Gore.
-- Would be tough choice who'd be worse between the two.However after Carter--anything is possible ;)

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
I don't know why this is surprising. Rush makes his living making ignorant claims.

"This is just another example of the liberal media <insert croc of shit here>." I seriously can't believe he has an audience of more than a couple hundred people. Then again, if you are looking for political discussionon the radio, conservative shows are pretty much your only option unless you get Air America on satellite. Of course, that in itself makes no sense because the liberals control the media so why would there only be conservative options? Seems kind of hypocrytical......but then again, I hate America.

It could be what state your living in gmroz, out here in california there is more liberal talk shows than there are conservative

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
So Lush/ Rush was he the worst? I don't have answer.But what I saw was bad. And the interview after game was not so good either. I never saw guys like Mariano, Favre, Bradshaw, Akman,Sims,Brady. Not take the blame and state they were off and just didn't get it done. Grossman was ducking.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
is this the same Rush that was booted from ESPN for saying McNabb was very ave QB and Eagles D was heart of team----later Mcnabb misses final 6 games and Eagles go 5-1:shrug:
by the way--where is McNabb?--heard his team mates put "Rush is Right" bumber sticker on his car:)

so was he correct--just not politically correct

Last edited:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
is this the same Rush that was booted from ESPN for saying McNabb was very ave QB and Eagles D was heart of team

Uh, no. He was booted for bringing race into his criticism of McNabb. How can you conveniently forget that aspect?

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
It could be what state your living in gmroz, out here in california there is more liberal talk shows than there are conservative

Good point. Columbus had "Progressive Talk Radio", but it has been reformatted into a conservative talk station. In Michigan, there was Rush, and Hannity....pretty much it for political talk. I guess I am just basing it on the Midwest, but I have to believe California talk radio is not the norm.....then again, I've been wrong before.

Underbar

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 30, 2007
Grossman is maybe two years into his career and you're hearing talk you never hear about black QBs who have played 6 years and still can't 'read defenses', ie dumb as a board.

NFL is big business, and that means affirmative action - promoting blacks in "non-traditional" positions, even if they're not as good as the White QBs on the bench.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
is this the same Rush that was booted from ESPN for saying McNabb was very ave QB and Eagles D was heart of team----later Mcnabb misses final 6 games and Eagles go 5-1:shrug:
by the way--where is McNabb?--heard his team mates put "Rush is Right" bumber sticker on his car:)

so was he correct--just not politically correct

i actually was saying the same thing four years before Limbaugh and defended limbaugh. I thought i was the only one on the planet that thought this until he finally brought it up. The black thing tho might have been a little bit of a reach. Never heard the part about his teammates putting bumper stickers on his car tho. Maybe a fan Dog but teammates? The Nfl did everything they could to make him the next big thing. Was it a race thing I don't know but he wasn't shit without that defense time and time again saving his ass. I always did think his defensive teammates did a good job of biting their lips knowing they were the reason for his success.

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I'm not a Rush fan and the racist comment is sort of out of left field.

I agree with everything gjn23 said.

Only thing I will add is that, if Grossman was black, the media would probably have backed way off for fear of sounding racist. Same goes for coaches.

Its great that Dungy and Lovie Smith are both really good coaches and we heard all about it. I'm still waiting for the day when we don't care what color the successful coach is, and we are allowed to criticize bad coaches, even if they are black.

But, a lot of progress has been made.

LetsMakeMoney

~Gambla~
Forum Member
Mar 6, 2005
Sin City
rex_grossman1.jpg

deadeye

Forum Member
Oct 22, 2006
south texas
racist?

racist?

i have great respect for both coaches in SB but if i heard one more time about it being 2 black coaches i was going to puke. and the double standard is obvious. rush got canned as several whites have for comments they have made while barkley and others can say whatever they want. and i love to listen to barkley! this politically correct crap has gone way over the line. where was the hoopla when flores took the raiders to SB? last time i checked he was a "minority". and i was disappointed the cowboys didn't pick singletary; a class act with the toughness the cowboys could have won with.

Underbar

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 30, 2007
i have great respect for both coaches in SB but if i heard one more time about it being 2 black coaches i was going to puke. and the double standard is obvious.

I've noticed it too, and also that Whites are mocked in the commercials during timeouts. It's way over the line, and it's been going on for decades.

rush got canned as several whites have for comments they have made while barkley and others can say whatever they want. and i love to listen to barkley! this politically correct crap has gone way over the line.

I agree. All should be able to speak as freely as Barkley.

Bet on MyBookie