Lions vs Vikings Turkey Day Gobble Gobble.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Vikings are - 3 with a total of 44.5

The Vikes opened as a pick Sunday Night and have shot up to 3 following a 6 game winning streak and 5 straight ATS... Vikings have lost to the Lions gulp 3 straight times. I am a homer and consider this to be extremely fluky. Vikes lost in OT at home last year after dominating much of the game allowing a late Stafford strike and a game tying 59 yarder by Prater, then on Thanks giving Bradford throws a late second pick instead of taking a knee for over time.. The game the Vikings lost at home this year was a direct give away on another game they dominated.. Vikes up 7 -3 on the march and go into wild cat Fumble.. Lions capitalize and then next possession Cook tears knee and coughs up football allowing another Lions score, then late in game Vikings hold on second and goal and stall out then get ball back and Theilen fumbles again.. Vikings dropped a chance at 4 interceptions from Stafford and the rest is history.. Not whining, just reflecting on why they lost. It's called shoot yourself in the foot... Will it happen again?

This is a must win for Detroit as far as the division goes and a loss would be a big blow to wild card chances. A win for the Vikings and they really put a strangle hold on the division with just 5 games to go.. Lets look at the teams and how they match up. Well let me make this easy for you. The Vikings are better than Detroit in almost all categories EXCEPT FOR TWO and they are a BIG TWO in today's NFL.. QB and FG kicker. Prater always seems to get long ass field goals against us.. Vikings have held Stafford in check for most part but he his much better than Keenum.. So here are the questions I ask myself... Can the Detroit defense continue to bottle up the Vikings offense and will they be able to move it.. On paper this should be a Viking win by 7 points but I keep expecting the bottom to fall out on Case Keenum.. Has Keenum developed into a legitimate NFL starter? For the Vikes it all starts up front on offensive line.. They are legit and have allowed only a handful of sacks. Vikes are running the ball effectively of late. On the other side the Lions are very diverse and have runnning backs who can catch and they have a solid group of receivers. Both teams provide a shut down corner, Vikes with Rhodes and Detroit with Slay. So what gives?

i am backing my Vikes 27 - 20, the Vikings have the better defense and offensive line, while Detroit has the edge at QB, Keenum has shown much more improvement since the last meeting.

Last edited:

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
Vikings are - 3 with a total of 44.5

The Vikes opened as a pick Sunday Night and have shot up to 3 following a 6 game winning streak and 5 straight ATS... Vikings have lost to the Lions gulp 3 straight times. I am a homer and consider this to be extremely fluky. Vikes lost in OT at home last year after dominating much of the game allowing a late Stafford strike and a game tying 59 yarder by Prater, then on Thanks giving Bradford throws a late second pick instead of taking a knee for over time.. The game the Vikings lost at home this year was a direct give away on another game they dominated.. Vikes up 7 -3 on the march and go into wild cat Fumble.. Lions capitalize and then next possession Cook tears knee and coughs up football allowing another Lions score, then late in game Vikings hold on second and goal and stall out then get ball back and Theilen fumbles again.. Vikings dropped a chance at 4 interceptions from Stafford and the rest is history.. Not whining, just reflecting on why they lost. It's called shoot yourself in the foot... Will it happen again?

This is a must win for Detroit as far as the division goes and a loss would be a big blow to wild card chances. A win for the Vikings and they really put a strangle hold on the division with just 5 games to go.. Lets look at the teams and how they match up. Well let me make this easy for you. The Vikings are better than Detroit in almost all categories EXCEPT FOR TWO and they are a BIG TWO in today's NFL.. QB and FG kicker. Prater always seems to get long ass field goals against us.. Vikings have held Stafford in check for most part but he his much better than Keenum.. So here are the questions I ask myself... Can the Detroit defense continue to bottle up the Vikings offense and will they be able to move it.. On paper this should be a Viking win by 7 points but I keep expecting the bottom to fall out on Case Keenum.. Has Keenum developed into a legitimate NFL starter? For the Vikes it all starts up front on offensive line.. They are legit and have allowed only a handful of sacks. Vikes are running the ball effectively of late. On the other side the Lions are very diverse and have runnning backs who can catch and they have a solid group of receivers. Both teams provide a shut down corner, Vikes with Rhodes and Detroit with Slay. So what gives?

i am backing my Vikes 27 - 20, the Vikings have the better defense and offensive line, while Detroit has the edge at QB, Keenum has shown much more improvement since the last meeting.

Maybe my 3rd NFL bet this year, tailed you on this, thank you very much!

Happy Thanksgiving indeed!

Bet on MyBookie