live"ufc on fox" presser at 1 p.m. eastern...

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
GW starts his own thread about this news.....

and doesn't bash Dana.......weird:shrug:

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
Anyone else feel like the UFC has become more of a league brand(NBA,NFL,NHL) than individuals fighting in a sport like boxing.

Network deal means more fighters wanting better deals.

Is it just a matter of time before the fighters become Union?

UFC has accomplished what Dana wanted in running the rest of the competition out of town or buying it so in a sense this has become a league since they have no real outlet to fight.

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
Fox fight date for Nov 12, assume they are going to try for a grand slam, couple this news with Lesnar claiming he is 100% healthy, Im thinking him vs Mir III as the main event.

Thoughts?

jr11

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
Fox fight date for Nov 12, assume they are going to try for a grand slam, couple this news with Lesnar claiming he is 100% healthy, Im thinking him vs Mir III as the main event.

Thoughts?

jr11

It's going to be a fine line that they come across soon. Fox will want big fights and the UFC will have to keep them happy without sacrificing their top PPV stars. Mir vs. Lesnar is probably the UFC's biggest PPV fight they can put on now but I can't see Dana throwing that on TV. This is huge task for the UFC to balance free TV with PPV

Think the next UFC on Versus card. A nice title fight that will build the fighters but would do terrible as a PPV main event. Maybe they will use Fox to build the younger fighters so the public can get used to them, ie Rory MacDonald

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
It's going to be a fine line that they come across soon. Fox will want big fights and the UFC will have to keep them happy without sacrificing their top PPV stars. Mir vs. Lesnar is probably the UFC's biggest PPV fight they can put on now but I can't see Dana throwing that on TV. This is huge task for the UFC to balance free TV with PPV

Think the next UFC on Versus card. A nice title fight that will build the fighters but would do terrible as a PPV main event. Maybe they will use Fox to build the younger fighters so the public can get used to them, ie Rory MacDonald

Agree to a certain extent, thinking they will want to make a big impression for the first event too. What better way than to hype it up even further during all the football games and baseball playoffs, I can see the promos now. Plus competing against Pac-Man better be a big one otherwise it will be a letdown to a degree.

Edit: Just read Lesnar most likely not back until 2012. So much for my theory. Strike one. Next up Henderson versus Machida.

Last edited:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"

Agree to a certain extent, thinking they will want to make a big impression for the first event too. What better way than to hype it up even further during all the football games and baseball playoffs, I can see the promos now. Plus competing against Pac-Man better be a big one otherwise it will be a letdown to a degree.

Edit: Just read Lesnar most likely not back until 2012. So much for my theory. Strike one. Next up Henderson versus Machida.

agree....the first card will be a doozy......a grand entrance....

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
Evans vs Jones/Rampage winner, anyone? :shrug:

Talk about a way to put the sport on a global aspect for the first time. No matter what, this is probably the best fight they could put on that show that would fit perfectly with hype, trash talk, and build up.

We will really get a close idea as to what the UFC/FOX have in mind for their NATIONAL TV plans when they put on this first card.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
IMO this is perfect timing. The UFC has some GREAT young talent that are exciting to watch. Bones, Rory and then you throw in some Aldo leg kicks and you'll have some mouths dropped at the talent.

My bet is Overeem vs Mir or someone else(Fedor) for the first big fight.

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
It looks like the first card is just an hour long on Fox so maybe they're using it as a trial run. Would think they won't waste any "BIG" names on that.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I wonder if the fighters got fuked with wearing sponsors stuff. Not positive but i thought when Fox first got Nascar they would blur out sponsorships on the cars. This would be horrible. Watching a fight with blurred out shorts. Interesting to see where this goes.

BUCSnotYUCKS

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ohio but not a Buckeye
IMO this is perfect timing. The UFC has some GREAT young talent that are exciting to watch. Bones, Rory and then you throw in some Aldo leg kicks and you'll have some mouths dropped at the talent.

My bet is Overeem vs Mir or someone else(Fedor) for the first big fight.

come on wood, you know Overeem and Fedor aren't fighting on this card lol Were you high when you wrote this?

UFC on Fox: Erik Shanks - Gus Johnson Likely to Be Involved on Fox Shows

:facepalm:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/8/1...ks-gus-johnson-likely-to-be-involved-mma-news

again...:facepalm:

:facepalm:

Im thinking the same thing. Im hoping maybe it's unleashed stuff, no live stuff plz.

Bet on MyBookie