LOCK Memphis plus 9

Redleg

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 18, 2016
First posted pick. Memphis +9, new coach. Fired the guy the whole team hated, the yeill olay very hard for this guy tonight and cover this number.

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Typically, I love the angle of playing on the team that just fired their coach, but I'd be careful with this one tonight. Besides bringing in an 8-game losing streak, the Grizzlies haven't won in SA since Dec 2014 with a handful of DD losses in last years playoffs to close out their season. In their first rematch since their meeting in the playoffs last year, the revenge angle certainly supports Memphis as well.

As far as the whole team hating him, if you read back through the players comments over the last year, it doesn't seem like there was much discontent with the coaching. Most of the guys liked Fizdale and wanted to play hard for him. The outrage among players around the league is palatable, including from some pretty well-respected guys like LeBron, Wade and Carter. So, beyond the rift with Gasol, it seems like he was pretty well-liked and respected around the league. It is possible that we see an emotional lift from the Grizz players today, but I think it is also very possible that we see things turn sour on the court and the team tanks even further, while players who are upset about the firing lose focus and lack effort knowing they have to play for an incompetent Bickerstaff, whose attempts at head coaching in the past have been disastrous.

Not saying you have a bad play here, just realize that tonights results could be pretty volatile. I think this is one to watch closely with an eye towards in-play wagering. Try to gauge the players effort and focus, their look coming out of huddles with Bickerstaff and their communication on the court on the defensive end. Are they playing unselfish? Is Gasol being a vocal leader on defense? Are the defensive breakdowns happening? Are the Spurs perimeter players driving to the hoop unimpeded or are defenders trying to stay in front? An double digit lead after a strong early showing from San Antonio could spell trouble for this group if they don't bring the intangibles they'll need to keep the game close tonight.

Just my 2 cents. gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie