muskoka
starting to look at the games.

all games (so far)
------------------
Boston
Carolina
NY Islanders

Minn. special teams vs unspecial teams.
(SPECIAL TEAMS (through Nov. 3): Wild - Power play: 25.0 percent (14 for 56), 1st in NHL. Penalty killing: 84.5 percent (49 for 58) 18th. Rangers - Power play: 11.3 percent (8 for 71), 24th. Penalty killing: 74.7 percent (59 for 79), 29th.

Vancouver
Colorado
Washington
Philly
St. Louis

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Heard on the radio today that Oates is expected to be a scratch tomorrow and Jagr remains day to day.

I really doubt Jagr will see the full compliment of shifts if he plays at all over the next 3-4 games. There has been lots of talk about perhaps sitting him for a week.

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
thanks SJ
will stay clear of that game. one would tend to lean toward the Leafs now, but after the Pitts. debacle they can't be trusted.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I agree 100%.

Man, 6 of 9 games O/U of 5. Tough night for totals, IMHO.

More info on WASH...

By Jason La Canfora
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 6, 2001; Page D01

TORONTO, Nov. 5 -- Washington Capitals winger Jaromir Jagr will not play tonight against the Toronto Maple Leafs because of a strained right knee and believes he is several days from attempting to skate again. Center Adam Oates also will miss the game with a sore left ankle.

Jagr, 29, rejoined the Capitals in Toronto today after spending the weekend at home getting treatment for his injury. He arrived while the Capitals completed practice and did not take the ice. Jagr, who won the last four NHL scoring titles, said he will not participate in Tuesday's morning skate and is not certain when he will attempt to practice again...

[This message has been edited by Sports Junkie (edited 11-06-2001).]

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Good luck in whatever you do, prospector.

Big card today. I like these lite plays tonight:

COL -.5 (-145) .73 to win .5 Units
Roy facing his old team seeking his 200th win with COL and having lost 3 straight?I?ll bite. Give me COL on the road to win despite the high vig. The Habs are 1-7 SU & ATS in their last eight overall. I don?t see COL losing it?s 4th straight at MON.

STL -.5 (-127) .64 to win .5 Units
From the stats it looks like SJ has given up a ton of shots and goals on the road and their road record would confirm that. STL on the other hand has been fantastic defensively and offensively at home. I think STL is a much better team, especially at home. SJ has won 4 straight, but against ANA, ATL and CLM. I am not impressed by that. I am taking the puck line.

NYR/MIN Ov 5.5 (-125) .63 to win .5 Units
NYR D remains terrible as I have said several times this year. They are near the bottom in the league on the PK and facing the top PP team in the league. The over is 5-1 for NYR at the Garden and 3-1 for MIN on the road. Both teams are giving up over 30 shots and 3 goals per game and also scoring over 2.5 per game.

EDM ML (+120) .5 to win .6 Units
EDM has been solid on the road and BOS has been solid at home. EDM younger players have been playing really well, and as a team are bit more physical than BOS. I am taking what I think is the better team on the road. BOS does not seem to have really gotten on track since the trade. This should be a close, tough game. In looking at this yesterday I was hoping that the line would be a little bit more in my favor, but I?ll take what I can get.

Good luck everyone. On the year 39-17-3 +12.53 Units.

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
I think Roy was saving his 200th win as a special treat for Montreal fans.

playing these so far:

2 Units
Colorado -0.5 -160

1 Unit
Salami Under +46.5 +100

prospector

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2001
muskoka
would have been for me.

but for fun, i rattled off the games to my wife who knows nothing about hockey, and she picked teams.

she went 6 - 0 on a 6 game parlay that paid 25.15 ... i put $10 bucks on it. she also went 2 - 3 in the late games. SIA, luckily, allows only 6 game parlays and her first 6 won. she also had the salami OVER.

she'll remind me now for the next year how lucky i am to have her
smile.gif

imagine that.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Congrats to you, or her I should say!
wink.gif
Tough night on the pond and I am thankful I went light on those. On to today.

Bet on MyBookie