Louisville/UNCC

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mudcat

Forum Member
Jan 21, 2001
Big Pond
Two things about tonights game. First, Louisville owned UNCC last year blowing them away 80 - 59 and 100 - 59. Second, the New York Times reports that Pitino is interested in taking over the head coaching job at St. Johns.
I think Louisville is healthy enough tonight to win this game. Francisco Garcia is about 85%, recovering from an ankle sprain. Taquan Dean is as healthy as he is going to get until the season ends and he can rest his groin. Center Nouha Diakite is listed as questionable but last I heard he is 100% after sitting out the last two games and will play tonight. Also of note is that UNCC guard Demon Brown (12.6 ppg) is suspended and will not play tonight depriving the niners of one of their bettor ball handlers and top scorers. This plays into the Cards hands as they love to press on defense. Defense wins games, and the Cards are currently #1 in CUSA in defense, Charlotte is #14, last in CUSA. Louisville will score, and score alot. Charlotte will try to keep up by shooting the three, Louisville knows this and will limit the number of open shots the niners can take. Louisville is outscoring its' opponets by 18 ppg this season, averaging 77.2 ppg and limiting teams to just 59.2 ppg on 36.6 percent shooting.
Now, getting back to Pitino. Pitino denies any interest in St. Johns. He says he was surprised to hear that he might have any interest in the St. Johns head coaching job, Quote" that's rediculous". Joe Iracane, an Owensboro businessman and a close friend of Pitinos' said he talked to Rick this morning and Rick told him "I'm not going anywhere." Good news for the Cards players and fans.
Look for the Cardinals to come out fired-up. They love their coach and will show it tonight.

Louisville -3.5