LSU Champ Game Story

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
So in 2003 I wanted to go to the LSU BCS champ game in New Orleans against Oklahoma. I graduated from LSU 4 years earlier and was dying to go back to the game. I searched and searched for tickets but they were very expensive. Finally I convinced my wife to let me go by myself and stay with friends etc to reduce the costs. I told her that LSU was playing for a national championship in New Orleans and it was a once in a lifetime chance. I went and we won and it was well worth every penny I spent.

4 years later the same scenario came up - LSU playing for a national championship in New Orleans. When I approached my wife about it she simply said "sorry John, that was a once in a lifetime opportunity". Needless to say I lost the argument.

So here we are, LSU is headed to New Orleans to play in a national championship. I won't even bring it up. But how in the hell was I to know that in 2003 LSU would go to the national championship every year it would play in New Orleans :shrug: I guess it just teaches you to be humble when begging your wife to let you do something as colossal as your school winning championships.

Anyway, GEAUX TIGERS! Beat Saban's ass AGAIN :0corn

Last edited:

forthetide2

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2011
Alabama
So in 2003 I wanted to go to the LSU BCS champ game in New Orleans against Oklahoma. I graduated from LSU 4 years earlier and was dying to go back to the game. I searched and searched for tickets but they were very expensive. Finally I convinced my wife to let me go by myself and stay with friends etc to reduce the costs. I told her that LSU was playing for a national championship in New Orleans and it was a once in a lifetime chance. I went and we won and it was well worth every penny I spent.

4 years later the same scenario came up - LSU playing for a national championship in New Orleans. When I approached my wife about it she simply said "sorry John, that was a once in a lifetime opportunity". Needless to say I lost the argument.

So here we are, LSU is headed to New Orleans to play in a national championship. I won't even bring it up. But how in the hell was I to know that in 2003 LSU would go to the national championship every year it would play in New Orleans :shrug: I guess it just teaches you to be humble when begging your wife to let you do something as colossal as your school winning championships.

Anyway, GEAUX TIGERS! Beat Saban's ass AGAIN :0corn

No worries bud, if Jordan Jefferson starts the game vs Bama your Tigers will lose.:popcorn2

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg