LSU vs Florida

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Caveat! LSU alum!

I really like LSU this weekend. A couple of stats.
LSU #1 in total defense in the nation
LSU #3 in scoring defense in the nation
LSU #4 in passing defense in the nation
Needless to say, they are #1 in the SEC in all categories.

Granted they have played the powerful citadel and ragin cajuns, but they also played Va tech, MSU and Miami OH. One thing everyone overlooked in the dreadful loss to Va tech was that LSU held them to 26 pts and 231 yds. :eek: Take away the 2 blocked punts and who knows.

If Ole Miss can shut down Grossman and intercept him 4 times, what makes you think LSU can't. I see this as a low scoring game, with Dominic Davis running a punt back for a TD making the difference. Florida is reeling and it's hard to get the momentum back. Matt Mauck just has to hand the ball off 30 times and LSU will control the clock and play defense.

LSU +9.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
I disagree with the Toefield thing. Granted he was the man last year, but this year Davis has been the work horse. Go back to the MSU game, when LSU was trailing 10-7 in the second qtr, Saban gave the ball to Davis 7 straight times for 62 yds and a TD. Toefield really never recovered from last years injury and he has been the back to spell Davis. The FB Addai should be able to spell Davis from this point on. He might not be a stud like Toefield but I defienitely think LSU has players that can step up in Labrandon's absence.

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Grossman is done. LSU helped their #1 status this week against a florida team that most people said would throw all over lsu.

Geaux tigers!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg