Mack Brown to announce Retirement Today

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

WildBillPicks7

Move the line!
Forum Member
May 4, 2005
Birmingham, Alabama
"Mack Brown has denied a report that he will step down as Texas' coach.

[+] Enlarge
Tim Heitman/USA TODAY Sports
According to sources, Mack Brown's future at Texas may be tied to a board of regents meeting Thursday concerning the future of UT president Bill Powers.
Brown, who was recruiting on Tuesday, refuted a report by Orangebloods.com that cited high-level sources stating he would step down after 16 years as the Longhorns' coach.

"I haven't seen [the] article," Brown wrote in a text message to the website Horns247. "I'm in Florida recruiting. If I had decided to step down, I sure wouldn't be killing myself down here. I have not decided to step down."

Brown also has not notified the school that he is stepping down, a Texas source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

The university's board of regents will hold a meeting Thursday at which the future of president Bill Powers is to be discussed -- and that could affect Brown's fate, sources told Schad.

Brown has made it clear he wants to return if the situation with the president is stable.

Although the situation could be clarified as early as Thursday, sources told ESPN it's possible an announcement will not come until next week.

There has been speculation about Brown's future in Austin since even before the season started, and it became rampant after blowout losses to BYU and Mississippi in September.

Brown fired defensive coordinator Manny Diaz after the BYU loss and replaced him with Greg Robinson. The move seemed to help. The Longhorns played better, and the season peaked with a 36-20 victory against rival Oklahoma in October.

The Longhorns went 8-4 this season and will play Oregon in the Valero Alamo Bowl.

Longtime Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds announced that he would be stepping down earlier this season, and former Arizona State AD Steve Patterson has already been hired to replace him.

Brown is 158-47 at Texas, including a national championship in 2005 and another BCS title game appearance in 2009.

Information from The Associated Press was included in this report.
" Source is ESPN through Mack Brown and his agent!!

Speculation is for folks with nothing to do but stir up the bee hive!!

Later!!

:0003

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
rumor has it, Saban to be offered 10 years 100 mil to coach at Texas

:0corn

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg