Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap:
3-0 +6.00 Units
Overall Second Half (July 1st & After)
24-17-1 +16.36 Units

I have two early plays today, and am looking at a few night games as well.

Early shots......

Oak A's -152 Col Rockies
Risking 2.25 Units to win 1.48 Units

The past 30 days the Rockies have been horrendous, going along at a 4 Wins against 20 Losses clip. Today they face a fantastic left handed pitcher in Mark Mulder. The Rockies don't hit well against Lefties. Their averages are .241 Overall, .217 on the Road Overall, .214 in their last 10 games. Astacio might feel some fatigue in this one, here are his pitches thrown from his last five starts: 112, 125, 103, 112, 115. Plus the Rockies bullpen is one of the worst in the game. Overall ERA is 5.41 and in the last ten games 6.04. The A's pen is a touch tired as well, but Mulder has shown he can go the distance when asked to as proven by his back to back complete game shutouts.

SD Padres +108 Ana Angels
Risking 2.00 Units to win 2.16 Units

The Padres are a really nice road team as shown by their 26-19 Road Record. Bobby Jones is one of the main reasons this is true. He is 5-3 with a 3.53 ERA while opponents are hitting only .268 against him on the road. I also like the Padres here because of both teams bullpen cycles. Two of the Angels main setup guys Weber and Levine don't look like they will be tossing and Percival threw 27 pitches last night. Trevor Hoffman should be ready to roll when needed today. The bullpens should come into play for the Angels today for sure as Scottie Schoeneweis is coming off a 125 pitch performance on four days of rest.

Be back later with my night moves.

Good luck to everyone today,
HC

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
One quick note I forgot to mention here, is that Ryan Klesko is getting the day off because of a sore elbow. Standing by the Padres play still.

HC

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
I almost went your way but went with these other side of these plays. There's always got to be someone on the other side.

Colorado has won 4 of their last 24 -- all four of those wins were in the last game of the series. That's right, in their last five series, they've won the last game, four out of five times!

ANA is 7-1 at home with Scottie on the mound. The Under might be a play here.

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Hey there Super,

I wish you the best on your plays. But, I just wanted to point something out. You have to be really careful not to confuse a trend with an angle. A trend is something that happens with really no solid proof behind it. The Rockies winning four out of five last games of a series looks to me to be a trend. Much like teams that play really well on Tuesdays or Thursdays. I could be wrong and it could be a money making angle and I am missing something, but I can't find any solid statistical proof to back that up.

Be really carefull about playing the Under in the Padres Vs. Angels game. Nine is a really low number when there is a DH involved. Plus two key Angel set up men are used up (Levine and Weber) and Percival is coming off 27 pitches last evening and Schoeneweis is pitching on four days rest and off a 125 pitch performance. Plus the Padres consistently hit lefties hard.

Once again I wish you the best of luck, just something to think about,
HC

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Boston Red Sox Vs. Mtl Expos Over 9 +100
Risking 2.00 Units to win 2.00 Units

Starting with this, that Red Sox bullpen has been worked very hard the past couple days. Over the last two days here are the pitches thrown by Sox releivers: Pulsipher (26), Beck (42), Lowe (48), Garces (23). Wakefield is coming off four days of rest and 120 pitches so he looks to need someone to come in and help, but who? Mattes struggled last time out and the Expos pen has been worked pretty hard as well. Couple that with the Expos hitting the ball somewhat well and it looks to be an over play for me.

GL,
HC

Mickey

Forum Member
Jun 10, 2001
Boise, Idaho USA
Looks like another nice night for HC! Win or lose.....you always impress me with your analysis and game write-ups. Thanks for always taking the time to share with the rest of us Capper!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg