Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap:
2-2 -0.52 Units
Overall Second Half (July 1st & After):
26-19-1 +15.84 Units

Det Tigers +106 NY Yanks Game #1
Risking 2.00 Units to Win 2.12 Units

I played the Tigers and Sparks as soon as they put this line up. The report has it that as soon as Adrian Hernandez makes this start for the Yanks he will be sent right back down to Columbus no matter what, great incentive hey? Anyway, I could put any kind of numbers spin imaginable on why I like the Tigers and Sparks, but this is the main stat I am focused upon. In the Yanks last two games their bullpen had to throw 160 PITCHES. Now, Adrian Hernandez, is on the mound. Not innings eaters like Clemens, Pettitte, or Mussina. Sparks is 2-0 in July with an ERA of 1.06 and he has one start Vs. the Yanks this year and allowed one earned run in the victory. To top all of this off, the Tigers are a small dog at home.
Note: Might play the Tigers in the second game as a dog as well, depending on what happens here in the first. For basiclly the same criteria I put up on game #1.

Pitt Pirates +127 Chc Cubs
Risking 2.00 Units to win 2.54 Units

You really have to pick your spots with going against the Cubs and Kerry Wood, and man do I think I have found one here. First off, let me say this, if the Cubs don't watch how they are using this guy he is going to be under the knife as soon as next season again. Check out these pitch counts from his last five starts (most recent first): 126, 112, 110, 117, 111.... today he is coming off that 126 on four days of rest. Cubs bullpen was used quite heavily to boot in that Royals series. Plus I question the health and effectiveness of Kyle Farnsworth. Todd Rithie is coming off an effective start and has been very good at home. 4-3 Record 3.92 ERA..... In July 2-1 2.42 ERA...... Nice price on the home dog in this one as well.

MtL Expos Vs. Phl Phills OVER 8 1/2 -115
Risking 2.30 Units to win 2.00 Units

Let me hit ya right off with this angle. Out of the last 10 games the Expos have played 9 have gone over the total. Due to nice hitting, mediocre starters, and an overused bullpen. In the Expos last two games 9 relievers have been used to the tune of 124 pitches. Now, on the other side the Phills bullpen has been used even more over the last two days. 10 Relievers have been used while throwing a whopping 169 pitches. Doesn't look like the pens will be to anxious to help out tonite if needed. The Expos have hit left handed starters very well, .276 at home and .312 in their last ten. In Daal's only start Vs. the Expos this year he pitched three innings and gave up 10 hits and four earned runs. Not that Vazquez was any better in his only start Vs. the Phills, six innings pitched and five earned runs given up.

I am looking at a couple more for the night games, but will start off the day with these three........

GLTA,
HC

JT Sneaks

Sneaks
Forum Member
Nov 14, 2000
hoopstown
Great stuff....

cool.gif
Sneaks

I

Investment Executive

note: Because the Yankees were to fly to Detroit after last night's game and because they play Game 1 at 1:05 p.m. today at Comerica Park, followed six hours later by Game 2, they won't take batting practice.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Well, since the Yanks scrapped their original plan and now have Roger Clemens on the hill, I have listed both pitchers on my wager.

So I have NO ACTION

HC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nole47

Forum Member
May 14, 2001
florida
i got my play in at -115 action goes on the yanks also u 9.5 -105. hopefully i didnt jinx myself being faster than the man

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Wow, I see that I am on most of the same plays that IE has as well..... Always a good thing!!!!

AZ DBacks Vs SD Padres Over 7 1/2 -115
Risking 2.30 Units to Win 2.00 Units

Main reasoning behind this play lies with the ineffectiveness of Woody Williams and the depleted SD Padres bullpen that needs to back him up. When I say depleted they are really out of gas. Last two games they have thrown 136 pitches, and you have to wonder about Trevor Hoffman's mechanics and mindset after watching that brutal outing yesterday. Chances are he won't take the hill today anyway, though. You can point at pretty much any stat as of late to show how Williams is struggling. Heck, overall opponents are hitting over .300 against him and he has thrown enough innings to show that is not a fluke. On the otherside of the coin, for me the second half is always a time to fade Schilling. He is a strikeout pitcher that throws a ton of pitches and normally gets tired down the stretch. Last four outings pitches thrown: 120, 101, 115, 116..... today off four days rest and the 120. His slide looks to be already starting in July he has been 1-2 with a 4.03 ERA.
Note: Ryan Klesko is scheduled to return to the lineup this evening. The sore elbow shouldn't keep him out again.

Good fortune to all again,
HC

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Let me try this game again today since the first time around I had no action, which in the long run probably worked out for the best.

Det Tigers +140 NY Yanks Game #2
Risking 2.00 Units to win 2.80 Units

Once again listed pitchers on both sides. Very difficult for road teams to sweep a doubleheader. I don't have the exact stats but I thought I heard it was less than 5% of the time. As I wrote before the Yanks pen and team in general is fatigued. Plus, in game #1 they used Mendoza and Rivera. I would be shocked to see Rivera in game #2. (But stranger things have happened). Going to take the home team and the plus number.

HC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg