Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Yesterday's Recap:
2-1 +1.93 Units
Overall Second Half (July 1st & After)
30-21-1 +20.57 Units

Couple quick Notes:
I was also watching on TV my final game of the evening between the Rockies Vs. Giants. Even after the game was over and the Giants pulled off a remarkable come from behind victory, I still can't understand Dusty's move in the 7th where Crespo (I think) got a lead off single and Estes hit for himself into a double play and was promptly replaced by Rodriguez. Now, I am happy Rodriguez pitched the 8th and 9th, he was incredible. But, why not bring someone off your bench to pinch hit? One other item, Buddy Bell is one of the worst managers in baseball. Not just becuase he lost this game, but his pitching moves throughout the season are highly questionable. I kept seeing him in the dugout last night thinking, how do you still have a job? One last thing, if anyone sees the real Freddy Garcia today, give him one for me.
tongue.gif

Will be back later on today with plays. Good luck to everyone today, let's beat the man down.

HC

Mags

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2000
Happy,
After reading everyone's posts, I'm starting to realize I was the only person on the Rockies last night....thank God I didn't stay up and watch the end or I never would have fallen asleep....it sucks when you 'cap a game right but lose anyway (seems to be happening to me quite a bit lately)..
Good Luck today.

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
LA Dodgers -114 Col Rockies
Risking 2.28 Units to Win 2.00 Units

The reason given for Luke Prokopec being pushed back a day was this, they didn't want Dennis Springer a knuckleballer pitching in Coors Field. Which does make sense as the off speed pitches don't move as much there. Just ask how Daryl Kile liked throwing a curveball there. Anyway, the extra day of rest doesn't hurt the young hurler. The key to why I like the Dodgers play is how manager Tracy saved both lefties Williams and Orosco in case they are needed this evening. The Rockies struggle mightily Vs. lefties. Let's state the obvious as well, the Rockies have really struggled, in their last 27 games they are 4-23. Also, they have one of the worst bullpens in the majors, as shown again last evening giving up a 9th inning win Vs. the Giants. Bohanon is a lefty and the Dodgers hit them much better with that right hand dominant lineup.

I am looking at a few more, gonna wait for some more info and possible line movements before playing them though. I locked in the Dodgers as soon as I saw that nice low price. Although I checked at my other books and missed the juicy -109 it started at, oh well.

Later Gators,
HC

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Happy'Capper

Forum Member
Nov 6, 1999
La Crosse, WI
Oak A's Vs KC Royals Over 9 1/2 -107
Risking 2.14 Units to win 2.00 Units

Two starters that might be fighting two different types of fatigue matchup in this one tonight. First the visiting Lidle, last outing he threw 113 pitches. Now, with that total he is throwing on four days rest and I question is durability in this one. That A's bullpen got quite a workout last night Vs. the Twins. Overall on the road the A's bullpen ERA is not good, 5.10. Other side of the coint, last week Byrd's start got pushed back a day because he was complaining about a tired arm. He did come back and throw a very nice performance. But, let's see what happens tonight against a potent offense. Oakland is hitting .296 in their last ten games vs. right handed pitchers. Finally, the Royals bullpen has been a horror show all season. Proving this by having a 5.16 ERA at home. Nine and half seems very low in this one.

HC