Mancow Gets Waterboarded

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WoYxfmGA8Ak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WoYxfmGA8Ak&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And so it went Friday morning when WLS radio host Erich ?Mancow? Muller decided to subject himself to the controversial practice of waterboarding live on his show . ?I want to find out if it?s torture,? Mancow told his listeners Friday morning, adding that he hoped his on-air test would help prove that waterboarding did not, in fact, constitute torture. Listeners had the chance to decide whether Mancow himself or his co-host, Chicago radio personality Pat Cassidy, would undergo the interrogation method during the broadcast. The voters ultimately decided Mancow would be the one donning the soaked towel and shackles, and at about 8:40 a.m., he entered a small storage room next to his studio that was compared to a ?dungeon? by Cassidy.

?The average person can take this for 14 seconds,? Marine Sergeant Clay South answered, adding, ?He?s going to wiggle, he?s going to scream, he?s going to wish he never did this.? With a Chicago Fire Department paramedic on hand, Mancow was placed on a 7-foot long table, his legs were elevated, and his feet were tied up.

Turns out the stunt wasn?t so funny. Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop. He only lasted 6 or 7 seconds?..
?It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that?s no joke,?Mancow said, likening it to a time when he nearly drowned as a child. ?It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back?It was instantaneous?and I don?t want to say this: absolutely torture.?

?I wanted to prove it wasn?t torture,? Mancow said. ?They cut off our heads, we put water on their face?I got voted to do this but I really thought ?I?m going to laugh this off.? ? Last year, Vanity Fair writer Christopher Hitchens endured the same experiment ? and came to a similar conclusion. The conservative writer said he found the treatment terrifying, and was haunted by it for months afterward.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Mancow-Takes-on-Waterboarding-and-Loses.html

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
and that settles it?.....a shock jock(who?...manwuss?...never heard of him) gets waterbooarded and it`s torture?....

:mj07:

after watching, with a huge lump in my throat, men and women jump 70+ stories rather than burn alive....hell yeah i would waterboard to prevent that from ever happening again....

if it saves even one american life, i say its worth it...no permanent injury, no physical trauma....

and btw...no one subjected to beheading was able to comment on it afterward....:rolleyes:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
and that settles it?.....a shock jock(who?...manwuss?...never heard of him) gets waterbooarded and it`s torture?....

:mj07:

after watching, with a huge lump in my throat, men and women jump 70+ stories rather than burn alive....hell yeah i would waterboard to prevent that from ever happening again....

if it saves even one american life, i say its worth it...no permanent injury, no physical trauma....

and btw...no one subjected to beheading was able to comment on it afterward....:rolleyes:

...and they say Americans are selfish, fat idiots. I say we send over scumweasel to represent us in the future. I'm sure our image will improve immediately.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
think about it, french....imagine the panic those passengers in the planes felt. ...they had quite a lot of time to fear their coming death....imagine the panic those people in the towers felt when they realized their was no way out....

waterboarding.....lol...yeah,what a horrible experience...

but didn't one of the three men waterboarded cut off daniel pearl's
head with a dull knife blade? ....

i believe he had to find another knife that was
sharp enough to finish the "job".....

who would I rather be?..alive, but waterboarded..

or jumping out of the 70th story of a skyscraper...

or on a plene hurtling toward the ground?...

or daniel pearl?...

i say never again....

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
think about it, french....imagine the panic those passengers in the planes felt. ...they had quite a lot of time to fear their coming death....imagine the panic those people in the towers felt when they realized their was no way out....

or daniel pearl?...

i say never again....

Perhaps we should stop acting like terrorists.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
we`re the terrorists...blame america first...we brought it on ourselves....

/your personal "quisling`s" perspective is about as broad as looking through a keyhole with both eyes at the same time....

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001

/your personal "quisling`s" perspective is about as broad as looking through a keyhole with both eyes at the same time....

We did. Did you go to college? I would assume you are not a history major.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001

It just absolutely amazes me. Don't you think for yourself. Don't you want to know why there is such hatred for the United States?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
WaterBoarding_fuller.jpg

Ya see Weasel, there are other methods that coulda been used... :142smilie

jer-z jock

Blow $$ Fast
Forum Member
Jun 11, 2007

or daniel pearl?...

i say never again....

Weaz as Americans we are held and set a higher standard, what was done on 9-11 doesn't make it ok to go out and torture or harrass anyone. Justice could and should be served, but there's ways to go about it and not...I feel tour eye or an eye thoughts but these thoughts are part the reason why we are considered arrogant and other say we look at ourselves a better then others.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
How about a 2nd opinion--
Here is video Fox reporter Steve Harrigan be waterboarded--
http://video.google.com/videosearch...&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title#

--and report from him-
http://mediamatters.org/research/200611060004
Fox News correspondent on his on-air "waterboarding": "a pretty efficient mechanism to get someone to talk and then still have them alive and healthy within minutes"

Amazing thing is those trying to prove waterboarding is uncomfortable--thats its exact purpose--to be most uncomfortable measure there is with almost immediate recovery and no side effects. Quite a humane way of extracting info--Would certainly be nice if it was adobted worldwide and the electricution-limb/head chopping and other forms that permanetly injure/kill people were abated.

-- but then again despite methods of such being implemented since beginning of time to extract info not wanted to voluntarily be given--and adages such as --everyone has breaking point-

--maybe we can discount that everyone has been incorrect--when you try an consider what your personal breaking point would be--its just an aberation--you have no point you would give up info--why--thats what Gumby/liberals tell you--that you get just as much info with the lawyer present/kumbaya approach.

--anyone gulible enough to believe it--have another sip-
get on your knees and give us 3 hail gumby's
:142hail:

--only in the land of Oz :)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
It don,t matter who trys it. Of course big mouth Hannity should for opening his trap. It,s against the law. Those who approved it such as Chenny broke that law.

pd1

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2001
missouri
I guess my number 1 point is if this is such a great way to gather information why have we not found the main man. These people we have been interrogating were AQ right. Surely one of them would have had info on where he was at.

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/imIMJjhHqQQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/imIMJjhHqQQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

McCain on Waterboarding

"It's unacceptable. It's unacceptable. One... once is too much. Waterboarding is torture. Period. And I can assure you that once enough physical pain is inflicted on someone, they will tell the interrogator whatever they think they want to hear. And most importantly, it serves as a great propaganda tool for those who recruit people to fight against us... the image of the United States of America throughout the world is a recruiting tool for Islamic extremists."

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/imIMJjhHqQQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/imIMJjhHqQQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

McCain on Waterboarding

"It's unacceptable. It's unacceptable. One... once is too much. Waterboarding is torture. Period. And I can assure you that once enough physical pain is inflicted on someone, they will tell the interrogator whatever they think they want to hear. And most importantly, it serves as a great propaganda tool for those who recruit people to fight against us... the image of the United States of America throughout the world is a recruiting tool for Islamic extremists."

Not to beat a dead horse, but John McCain is a great American, and IMO Barrack Obama is just another guy, like W and Willy before him, who won the Presidency. My initial position on waterboarding was 'screw these terrorists murderers', but early last year I changed my stance once I heard McCain speak on the matter.

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
McCain on Waterboarding

Weasel... Is McCain wrong?

The reason I ask is because when I ask myself... Who's more of an authority on torture than John McCain?, the only name that comes to mind is... :00x33 ...Weasel!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Weasel... Is McCain wrong?

The reason I ask is because when I ask myself... Who's more of an authority on torture than John McCain?, the only name that comes to mind is... :00x33 ...Weasel!!

I think if u threw some of these neo-con ass kissers in a pool they would paddle like a frantic duck and finally believe McCain.

Lush Rimbough

Anointed One.
Forum Member
May 1, 2009
Illinois
Torture, according to the United Nations Convention Against Torture, is:

...any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him, or a third person, information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or suffering arising only from, inherent in, or incidental to, lawful sanctions.
?UN Convention Against Torture[1]

In addition to state-sponsored torture, individuals or groups may be motivated to inflict torture on others for similar reasons to those of a state; however, the motive for torture can also be for the sadistic gratification of the torturer, as was the case in the Moors Murders.

Torture is often sponsored by governments. In addition, individuals or groups may inflict torture on others for the same reasons as those acting in an official capacity. Torture is prohibited under international law and the domestic laws of most countries. Amnesty International estimates that at least 81 world governments currently practice torture, some openly.[2]

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture

The "enhanced interrogation" the government did under Bush/Cheney would qualify as state sponsored torture, thus we have become no better than some two bit military dictatorships and would be subject to a tribunal for crimes against humanity.